Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.
    Now im not disagreeing with all those who say they have 10 A*'s and 5 A's 4 AS level etc, but its time to think realistically. There must be some people who get fairly average results. As long as their passes! Im not bein funny but some people who get over high results are still unsuccessful in their choice of career, so getting average grades does not make u a bad person. What do u tink? However I still do not c people revealing their average results! Get revealing, we will not call u down. I havn't done my full set of GCSEs yet so I will not judge.

Whatever you got (high/avg/low) what did u get, what do u intend to do from now on?

ReputationRep:
    As this forum is about learning, you would expect that most users are quite intelligent anyway, which explains why most people have above average results on here.

ReputationRep:
    Just because people don't have AAAAAA it doesn't mean they're not intelligent..

As for me I have 7 C's for GCSE and 2 D's.

For my AVCE I got:

Unit 1 - B
    Unit 2 - B
    Unit 3 - B
    Unit 4 - B
    Unit 5 - C
    Unit 6 - B

Unit 7 - B
    Unit 8 - B
    Unit 9 - B
    Unit 10 - B
    Unit 12 - D
    Unit 13 - A
    Unit 16 - A
    Unit 19 - E
    Unit 22 - D
    Unit 23 - B
    Unit 25 - B
    Unit 26 - B

So overall im probably an "above average" student but obviously i'm not at the level as the majority on this form. I'm off to uni this september to study Computer Science.

I'm a bit scared of if i'll be able to cope with uni but i think its a normal fear fo r most people going off to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    ive met many people who are very articulate and bright but just cant do exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    As this forum is about learning, you would expect that most users are quite intelligent anyway, which explains why most people have above average results on here.
    Yea, I suppose I c ur point. However, not ever1 is capable of those results, nt calin myself down or nethin coz i havent dun my exams yet, but i feel that people r scared if they have average results 2 reveal bcoz they feel that they will b belittled which is probably tru. The purpose of this thread is to encourage thos who have average results ot 2 hide.

ReputationRep:
    I think thats true, some people are a little conscious of their grades because most people here are straight A students off to Cambridge, Oxford etc.

ReputationRep:

As for me I have 7 C's for GCSE and 2 D's.

For my AVCE I got:

Unit 1 - B
    Unit 2 - B
    Unit 3 - B
    Unit 4 - B
    Unit 5 - C
    Unit 6 - B

Unit 7 - B
    Unit 8 - B
    Unit 9 - B
    Unit 10 - B
    Unit 12 - D
    Unit 13 - A
    Unit 16 - A
    Unit 19 - E
    Unit 22 - D
    Unit 23 - B
    Unit 25 - B
    Unit 26 - B

So overall im probably an "above average" student but obviously i'm not at the level as the majority on this form. I'm off to uni this september to study Computer Science.

I'm a bit scared of if i'll be able to cope with uni but i think its a normal fear fo r most people going off to uni.
    People wh do have AAAAA r very intellegent and work hard, but that doesnt mean that peopl who cant get that should feel threatened. I think ur doin really well with what ur doin. it will pay off!

ReputationRep:
    I think thats true, some people are a little conscious of their grades because most people here are straight A students off to Cambridge, Oxford etc.
    EXACTLY! my point made clear!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see why anyone would bother lying. What would be the point? Anyway, as long as people did their best in their exams and worked hard then no one has anything to be ashamed of, whether they got 10F's or 10A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I really don't see why anyone would bother lying. What would be the point? Anyway, as long as people did their best in their exams and worked hard then no one has anything to be ashamed of, whether they got 10F's or 10A*s.
    Have u dun ur exams? if so, wot did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icetopaz_h454)
    Have u dun ur exams? if so, wot did u get?
    Yeah I've just finished my ASs, so I don't know what I got in those yet, but at GCSE I got 6A*s and 4As.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've just finished my ASs, so I don't know what I got in those yet, but at GCSE I got 6A*s and 4As.
    Really good. What did u get ur grades 4 and what r u doin 4 AS

ReputationRep:
    Really good. What did u get ur grades 4 and what r u doin 4 AS
    Maths, French and Science I got A's.
    Business studies, English language, English lit, German, Geography and Food tech I got A*s. For AS I did Biology, Geography, German and Economics. I'm teaching myself Maths AS over the summer, and when I go back to school in Sep I'll be doing all 5 to A2. Oh, and critical thinking AS too, though I could that as a little extra really. I'm not too confident about how I did in my ASs though, I guess I can let you know come the 19th of August!

ReputationRep:
    Maths, French and Science I got A's.
    Business studies, English language, English lit, German, Geography and Food tech I got A*s. For AS I did Biology, Geography, German and Economics. I'm teaching myself Maths AS over the summer, and when I go back to school in Sep I'll be doing all 5 to A2. Oh, and critical thinking AS too, though I could that as a little extra really. I'm not too confident about how I did in my ASs though, I guess I can let you know come the 19th of August!
    I thought the GCSE results were on the 19th August! Thats when Im going 2 get my RE result and my science modular 2

ReputationRep:
    I thought the GCSE results were on the 19th August! Thats when Im going 2 get my RE result and my science modular 2
    AS and A2 on the 19th, GCSE a week later on the 26th

ReputationRep:
    AS and A2 on the 19th, GCSE a week later on the 26th
    AH WELL! I'll go on both then! just 2 b sure

ReputationRep:
    I've never been a straight A student and have never wanted to go to Cambridge or Oxford. I'm realistic about my grades, know what I'm good at and what I'm not, and definitely know what I'm capable of.

At gcse, I worked hard enough to get the grades I needed to get into sixth form, and ended up with 3 A's, 1 B and the rest C's. I, and anyone that knows me, knows that I am far more capable than my results show, but my biggest downfall is that I'm lazy, often doing as little work as possible in order to get by. The C's were in subjects I've never excelled at - maths, science, etc. The A's were for subjects I've always been good at, such as english.

I've just finished my AS levels but I don't know the results yet; at the minute I'm predicted 2 A's and a C for my a-levels - I plan to negotiate the C.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE:
    English Literature=A
    English Language=B
    Religious Studies=A
    Classical Civilisation=C
    French=E
    Maths=E
    Science=D
    Graphics=E

I'm retaking GCSE Maths next Academic year and I've just finished my first out of two years on a National Diploma in public services and out of the 9 subjects I've taken I've got 7 Distinctions and I'm awaiting two assignments back

ReputationRep:
    Can u all rate this thread please?!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for some straight A students on here, they give off the message, however unintentionally, that they're saying "I'm an A student, and that's all I am".

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.