The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i get put off by my boyfriend with his millions of subjects and A grades but im confident that i will do great too-however i am intelligant (well i atleast passed the exam to get into my school) but with creative subjects that i take that doesnt really count as much..
Reply 21
The point about exams is that whether your a grade A student or a grade C student dosent matter. When you take exams you are not competing against other students, you are competing with yourself. So if you work really hard and scrape a B, and you were predicted C/D then youve done really well for yourself, and should be proud. If another person is predicted an A and gets an A, well what have they achieved? Have they bettered themselves?

I know this may sound patronising coming from me, (AAAAB at AS) but that is really how i feel about it, and many of my friends will be overjoyed to get B's and C's, because they have really worked for their grades.

A smart person who does little or no work and still gets A's has a lot less to be proud of than an average person who works really hard and gets B's.
Reply 22
Valen
The point about exams is that whether your a grade A student or a grade C student dosent matter. When you take exams you are not competing against other students, you are competing with yourself. So if you work really hard and scrape a B, and you were predicted C/D then youve done really well for yourself, and should be proud. If another person is predicted an A and gets an A, well what have they achieved? Have they bettered themselves?

I know this may sound patronising coming from me, (AAAAB at AS) but that is really how i feel about it, and many of my friends will be overjoyed to get B's and C's, because they have really worked for their grades.

A smart person who does little or no work and still gets A's has a lot less to be proud of than an average person who works really hard and gets B's.

I agree :smile:
GCSE = 2Bs, 5Cs, 3Ds
AS = CE, resat GCSE Maths at college and got C
A2 = predicted B/C, D, but reckon it will be DD/DE

These are shameful grades for most people on here, but if I was to get CD id be over the moon, and off to one of the best unis for my course
Reply 24
I will probably get mostly Bs for my GCSEs which isn't that good on these forums however, if I do get them I will be happy becuase I have worked real hard to get those grades (other than not doing hoemwork or that much revision but who does at this level lol)
Reply 25
I did 8 GCSEs and that was considered to be a rather heavy load, although ONE guy at my school managed to do 11. Here, I've gathered that it's pretty common to do 10 GCSEs. :eek: Maybe it's because we sit for our GCSEs in year 10.

Anyway, I got 2 A*s, 5 As and a D in my GCSEs. (I'm gonna resit the D... someday :tongue:)
Reply 26

When i first came here i was quite defensive about my grades. I did really well at school compared to the rest of my year. I got 5A's 3B's and 1 C. In my mind that was great and no-one could take that away from me. When i started my AS levels i ended up BCDE. I worked harder in that AS/A2 year than i did in the whole of my life and i ended up with BEE. I guess i had an excuse because i was ill, but my pride took a big bashing and i've never really got it back. I guess part of me is quite jealous of people with good grades, because that used to be me, and i want that back. But i'm learning that there is a lot more than grades, although i don't think this place is the best place to learn that!
Sarky

When i first came here i was quite defensive about my grades. I did really well at school compared to the rest of my year. I got 5A's 3B's and 1 C. In my mind that was great and no-one could take that away from me. When i started my AS levels i ended up BCDE. I worked harder in that AS/A2 year than i did in the whole of my life and i ended up with BEE. I guess i had an excuse because i was ill, but my pride took a big bashing and i've never really got it back. I guess part of me is quite jealous of people with good grades, because that used to be me, and i want that back. But i'm learning that there is a lot more than grades, although i don't think this place is the best place to learn that!

You seem like you've got your head on straight- did you consider retaking?
Sarky

U do not need 2 feel bad at all. U worked really hard and u no u r intellegent. I can undastand if ur pride took a bigbashing but u have nothin 2 worry bout. At least u did ur alevels. sum people cant. neway, what subjects did u do?

Latest

Trending

Trending