Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i get put off by my boyfriend with his millions of subjects and A grades but im confident that i will do great too-however i am intelligant (well i atleast passed the exam to get into my school) but with creative subjects that i take that doesnt really count as much..

ReputationRep:
    The point about exams is that whether your a grade A student or a grade C student dosent matter. When you take exams you are not competing against other students, you are competing with yourself. So if you work really hard and scrape a B, and you were predicted C/D then youve done really well for yourself, and should be proud. If another person is predicted an A and gets an A, well what have they achieved? Have they bettered themselves?

I know this may sound patronising coming from me, (AAAAB at AS) but that is really how i feel about it, and many of my friends will be overjoyed to get B's and C's, because they have really worked for their grades.

A smart person who does little or no work and still gets A's has a lot less to be proud of than an average person who works really hard and gets B's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valen)
    The point about exams is that whether your a grade A student or a grade C student dosent matter. When you take exams you are not competing against other students, you are competing with yourself. So if you work really hard and scrape a B, and you were predicted C/D then youve done really well for yourself, and should be proud. If another person is predicted an A and gets an A, well what have they achieved? Have they bettered themselves?

I know this may sound patronising coming from me, (AAAAB at AS) but that is really how i feel about it, and many of my friends will be overjoyed to get B's and C's, because they have really worked for their grades.

A smart person who does little or no work and still gets A's has a lot less to be proud of than an average person who works really hard and gets B's.
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    GCSE = 2Bs, 5Cs, 3Ds
    AS = CE, resat GCSE Maths at college and got C
    A2 = predicted B/C, D, but reckon it will be DD/DE

These are shameful grades for most people on here, but if I was to get CD id be over the moon, and off to one of the best unis for my course

ReputationRep:
    I will probably get mostly Bs for my GCSEs which isn't that good on these forums however, if I do get them I will be happy becuase I have worked real hard to get those grades (other than not doing hoemwork or that much revision but who does at this level lol)

ReputationRep:
    I did 8 GCSEs and that was considered to be a rather heavy load, although ONE guy at my school managed to do 11. Here, I've gathered that it's pretty common to do 10 GCSEs. :eek: Maybe it's because we sit for our GCSEs in year 10.

Anyway, I got 2 A*s, 5 As and a D in my GCSEs. (I'm gonna resit the D... someday )

ReputationRep:

When i first came here i was quite defensive about my grades. I did really well at school compared to the rest of my year. I got 5A's 3B's and 1 C. In my mind that was great and no-one could take that away from me. When i started my AS levels i ended up BCDE. I worked harder in that AS/A2 year than i did in the whole of my life and i ended up with BEE. I guess i had an excuse because i was ill, but my pride took a big bashing and i've never really got it back. I guess part of me is quite jealous of people with good grades, because that used to be me, and i want that back. But i'm learning that there is a lot more than grades, although i don't think this place is the best place to learn that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

When i first came here i was quite defensive about my grades. I did really well at school compared to the rest of my year. I got 5A's 3B's and 1 C. In my mind that was great and no-one could take that away from me. When i started my AS levels i ended up BCDE. I worked harder in that AS/A2 year than i did in the whole of my life and i ended up with BEE. I guess i had an excuse because i was ill, but my pride took a big bashing and i've never really got it back. I guess part of me is quite jealous of people with good grades, because that used to be me, and i want that back. But i'm learning that there is a lot more than grades, although i don't think this place is the best place to learn that!
    You seem like you've got your head on straight- did you consider retaking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

U do not need 2 feel bad at all. U worked really hard and u no u r intellegent. I can undastand if ur pride took a bigbashing but u have nothin 2 worry bout. At least u did ur alevels. sum people cant. neway, what subjects did u do?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.