Which exam boards do you like/dislike/hate?

Watch
GoodGirlFaith
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't have any on AQA, so I have no idea about them. Edecxel are ok imo, but OCR science is just awful. Their questions are so weirdly worded. I hate WJEC with a burning passion, their English course was dreadful from start to finish- weird questions which screwed everyone over on both language and literature. Tbh I don't know why my school uses them, were literally nowhere near Wales. Though the school is changing to AQA for science and English as of next year, so they've clearly had enough.
chemistrynerd13
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Like CCEA for all subjects because their exams are well structured and you can do modules. The exams are always fair (unlike AQA) and grade boundaries are not too high. Best exam board for Science, Geography and Business Studies
Charthegoat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
WJEC because the history past papers are very hard to find and our school chose sports leisure and tourism to be one of the three units we study most boring thing I have ever had to sit through and learn but it's a unit dependent on own knowledge and basically memorising facts so I like that aspect of it
Also using a Welsh exam board in London? Wtf are they even doing
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Charthegoat)
WJEC because the history past papers are very hard to find and our school chose sports leisure and tourism to be one of the three units we study most boring thing I have ever had to sit through and learn but it's a unit dependent on own knowledge and basically memorising facts so I like that aspect of it
Also using a Welsh exam board in London? Wtf are they even doing
There's the wjec website to look on have you not tried there? And that unit sound soooo boring. What were they thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr_Elmo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I mainly only do OCR on my exams, and they're mostly okay. The maths GCSE papers are pretty good and the sciences can be a mixed bag, like the B7 paper yesterday was kinda weird as it didn't really involve the spec so much and even went on to life cycle assessments, which is chemistry... Their chemistry papers so far have been good this year on that note.
sulaimanali
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Most people dislike OCR and WJEC here.
fefssdf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AQA maybe for not covering the spec in psychology A-level and repeating questions that had been asked recently ...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise