Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on what is going to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robyn2000)
    Any predictions on what is going to come up?
    I predict....

C4: History of the atom, dot and cross diagrams, transition metals and water purification with the 6 marker being possibly the history of the periodic table/atom or some form of process such as water purification or the flame test.

C5: Empirical formula with percentage amounts, titration and indicators, acids and equilibrium with the six marker on the Contact Process or something about acids.

C6: electrolysis, emulsifiers, alcohols, ozone layer and fats with the 6 marker on fuel cells (advantages and disadvantages )or alcohols?

These are completely random guesses, most likely all wrong lol . Please don't rely on these because I don't really know .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    I predict....

C4: History of the atom, dot and cross diagrams, transition metals and water purification with the 6 marker being possibly the history of the periodic table/atom or some form of process such as water purification or the flame test.

C5: Empirical formula with percentage amounts, titration and indicators, acids and equilibrium with the six marker on the Contact Process or something about acids.

C6: electrolysis, emulsifiers, alcohols, ozone layer and fats with the 6 marker on fuel cells (advantages and disadvantages )or alcohols?

These are completely random guesses, most likely all wrong lol . Please don't rely on these because I don't really know .
    Thanks so much! I definitely agree with the equilibrium 6 marker as it wasn't on last years pape (there was only a few marks worth). Also electrolysis, as I can't really remember that being a major part of c6. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much! I definitely agree with the equilibrium 6 marker as it wasn't on last years pape (there was only a few marks worth). Also electrolysis, as I can't really remember that being a major part of c6. Good luck!
    Good luck to you too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand equilibrium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lightning_xo)
    Have you got the cgp revision guide? If you do, learn it from there. I have found it really useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lightning_xo)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNn...AInho&index=13

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the cgp revision guide? If you do, learn it from there. I have found it really useful!
    No i dont have it

Thanks, it seems very useful

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT

Just hope theres not too many moles and equation questions like concentration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    I predict....

well history of atom (briefly) came up last year, although i wouldn't be surprised if a longer question on it comes up. don't think water purification or flame test have ever come up so hopefully one of those

six marker always seems to be on equilibrium so i think this year they'll change it and go for precipitation reactions and how to get the solid dry precipitate

specimen paper (or 2013) was on fuel cell advantages and disadvantages, i'm thinking either CFCs or electrolysis with half equations

one of them is practically guaranteed to be a data analysis one actually thinking about the rest of the sciences so far
    just hoping C5 has lots of calculations to boost my grade, really want A* haha

ReputationRep:
    My predictions were....decent how did you all find it? I thought it was ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I definitely screwed up the 6 markers (though the c4 one wasn't too bad) but overall that was not a good paper. I'm just glad that there was like nothing about electrolysis. I'm going to pray that I did ok on the other one to try and make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodGirlFaith)
    I definitely screwed up the 6 markers (though the c4 one wasn't too bad) but overall that was not a good paper. I'm just glad that there was like nothing about electrolysis. I'm going to pray that I did ok on the other one to try and make up for it.
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.