Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm trying to do the 200 push-up a day challenge for 30 days. I'm not looking to get absolutely ripped, but a little more definition would be nice.
    I tried to do it yesterday, but I only did 120 in two sessions, 60 in each. I realise that was a mistake, as today I woke up and my shoulders are killing me, and it hurts too much to do any. I stretched after each group, so I don't know what to do. I decided to space them out more during the day, 20 every hour, or 40 every 2 hours. Any advice would eb appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesj477)
    Hey guys, I'm trying to do the 200 push-up a day challenge for 30 days. I'm not looking to get absolutely ripped, but a little more definition would be nice.
    I tried to do it yesterday, but I only did 120 in two sessions, 60 in each. I realise that was a mistake, as today I woke up and my shoulders are killing me, and it hurts too much to do any. I stretched after each group, so I don't know what to do. I decided to space them out more during the day, 20 every hour, or 40 every 2 hours. Any advice would eb appreciated. Thanks
    200 is easy if you're not doing any other exercise.

Just do your two sessions like you did, then do the odd set of 10 or 20 here and there. Like I sometimes just bang out a few when I get up to go toilet. Do that a few times a day and you're not far off.

If you're not used to the exercise then your muscles will hurt after doing them, but that soon goes.

ReputationRep:
    40 X 5 Times a day.

DOMS will happen more in the beginning than later on - just keep at it and don't p*ssy out.

Pushups won't do much tbh, do a mixure of:

Pushups
    Sit-ups
    Planks
    Squats
    Lunges
    Reverse Crunches

Do that 4 times a day and 3 days of cardio.

That's just a basic, impromptu home workout for you that WILL get you results.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Your muscles are probably aching because they aren't used to the exertion you put them under. After a while of doing pushups regularly, your body will become conditioned to them and you won't ache so much the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the advice guys, so ur saying that I should push past the pain for the first few days, or should I have rest days in between at the start. Its like the first time ive done them for months, and my shoulders arent having fun lol. Btw im not fat or really skinny, im just pretty average, got a pretty fast metabolim, I'm in pretty good shape considering the amount of **** it eat lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.