Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone chosen to do BSc Geography at any University?

I have chosen Sheffield Hallam but cannot find anyone else doing it nor can I find what books/resources I may need. Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishafernando)

I have chosen Sheffield Hallam but cannot find anyone else doing it nor can I find what books/resources I may need. Help?
    I'd suggest emailing the relevant department (the Natural and Built Environment department I think) at Sheffield Hallam and asking them, they should be able to give you a list of the books and resources you'll need.

I'm doing BSc Geoscience at Keele by the way! It's different to Geography as it's more Geology based though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I'd suggest emailing the relevant department (the Natural and Built Environment department I think) at Sheffield Hallam and asking them, they should be able to give you a list of the books and resources you'll need.

I'm doing BSc Geoscience at Keele by the way! It's different to Geography as it's more Geology based though
    Thank you! I will do so tomorrow.

Good Luck with your course!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I will do so tomorrow.

Good Luck with your course!
    No problem! Thank you! Good luck with your course too!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

i do a BSc/BA degree at university of exeter and going into my 3rd year. i am leaning more towards the BSc part of my degree as i am a physical geographer. so i might be able to give you some insight into a BSc degree (quote me with any questions here)

As resources, i didn't buy any books or anything before my degree, because the degree program was so broad so it wasn't possible to know what to read. i know a lot of people think it will help them to get the reading list in advance but for it to be useful to you wait until you have had a few lectures.

there is no harm though in brushing up on a few things from your A levels if you need to, but i really wouldn;t worry about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.