This discussion is closed.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
A month and a half is far too long, I want my AS results now!!! Hmph. Got my predicted grades that will be going on my UCAS form today too, though was told that they may be changed in light of the AS results, so yet more waiting! :rolleyes: Is it bothering anyone else?
Cossack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
A month and a half is far too long, I want my AS results now!!! Hmph. Got my predicted grades that will be going on my UCAS form today too, though was told that they may be changed in light of the AS results, so yet more waiting! :rolleyes: Is it bothering anyone else?
You'll find waiting for your A2's even worse ASs dont actually mean much
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cossack)
You'll find waiting for your A2's even worse ASs dont actually mean much
Exactly, if you're finding it bad now wait until next year.
raagyone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ASs dont actually mean much
They are 50% of your final A Level grade...so technically they mean as much as A2s.
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
Exactly, if you're finding it bad now wait until next year.
But at least you have a rough idea at A2, as you already know your UMS for your ASs and any modules for A2 you took in Jan.
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by raagyone)
They are 50% of your final A Level grade...so technically they mean as much as A2s.
But you can repeat them and improve your grades and nothng decded on the basis of your AS's people can easily go from a D to an A n theri last yewar...chill year 12 summer is all about doing sfa and not caring about it....
F. Poste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was the same last year.. i had a little chart thing, counting the days!! :rolleyes:

This year I'm actually more laid-back about it, because I have lots of other stuff going on... so keep busy and it'll go really quickly!
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
But at least you have a rough idea at A2, as you already know your UMS for your ASs and any modules for A2 you took in Jan.
Actually i don't. Because i'm doing AS and A2 in one year.

I did A levels at sixth form before though so i've been through the traditional method.
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 16 years ago
Be patient, i couldn't care less about my results for now.
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh sweet jesus. It's like everyday you wake up and the first thing that comes into your head is "Oh gee I just want to know how I did." Then it stays there, all day, until night, when you goto sleep, still worrying about it.

I find the wait for A2 alot more excrutiating than AS, but I wouldn't say they're less important, because really they're going to decide what uni you get into not your A2s (they're just confirm it). But still when you have so much resting on A2s, you're at the final hurdle and it's painful =o
raagyone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
But you can repeat them and improve your grades and nothng decded on the basis of your AS's
Sorry, you didn't make that clear...I thought you meant ASs don't mean much fullstop, not getting the AS grades in the summer.

people can easily go from a D to an A n theri last yewar
If you said that to some of my friends they'd probably kill you.

...chill year 12 summer is all about doing sfa and not caring about it
I'm actually waiting for my A2s this summer...not that you would have known that.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Just dont think about it...occupy yourself. Thats the best way
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm actually not that bothered. I haven't even been thinking about them! I just can't wait for the summer
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
I'm actually not that bothered. I haven't even been thinking about them! I just can't wait for the summer
Its here already...
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
You've got more chance of getting snow than sun right now by the looks of things :rolleyes:
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have my results already oh, the joys of taking a BTEC instead of A-levels!
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
Did you hear those big weird rumbles in the sky yesterday? (I live in bucks too, that's why i ask lol) evidence that summmer may never arrive..
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
Its here already...
You call this summer?! I got caught in a rainstorm and was soaked yesterday lunchtime. My trousers were still wet this morning!!!
raagyone
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
You've got more chance of getting snow than sun right now by the looks of things :rolleyes:
It's sunny where I am...only a few clouds in the sky.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by raagyone)
It's sunny where I am...only a few clouds in the sky.

Alright for some. Its bloody miserable here. However that may just be my general mood...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you want Freshers' Fairs to work this year?

Completely online (16)
13.91%
A mix of in-person and online options (23)
20%
As many in-person events as is safe to do (65)
56.52%
I don't plan on attending a Freshers' Fair (11)
9.57%

Watched Threads