Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A month and a half is far too long, I want my AS results now!!! Hmph. Got my predicted grades that will be going on my UCAS form today too, though was told that they may be changed in light of the AS results, so yet more waiting! :rolleyes: Is it bothering anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    A month and a half is far too long, I want my AS results now!!! Hmph. Got my predicted grades that will be going on my UCAS form today too, though was told that they may be changed in light of the AS results, so yet more waiting! :rolleyes: Is it bothering anyone else?
    You'll find waiting for your A2's even worse ASs dont actually mean much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    You'll find waiting for your A2's even worse ASs dont actually mean much
    Exactly, if you're finding it bad now wait until next year.

ReputationRep:
    ASs dont actually mean much
    They are 50% of your final A Level grade...so technically they mean as much as A2s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Exactly, if you're finding it bad now wait until next year.
    But at least you have a rough idea at A2, as you already know your UMS for your ASs and any modules for A2 you took in Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    They are 50% of your final A Level grade...so technically they mean as much as A2s.
    But you can repeat them and improve your grades and nothng decded on the basis of your AS's people can easily go from a D to an A n theri last yewar...chill year 12 summer is all about doing sfa and not caring about it....

ReputationRep:
    I was the same last year.. i had a little chart thing, counting the days!! :rolleyes:

This year I'm actually more laid-back about it, because I have lots of other stuff going on... so keep busy and it'll go really quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    But at least you have a rough idea at A2, as you already know your UMS for your ASs and any modules for A2 you took in Jan.
    Actually i don't. Because i'm doing AS and A2 in one year.

I did A levels at sixth form before though so i've been through the traditional method.

Be patient, i couldn't care less about my results for now.

ReputationRep:
    Oh sweet jesus. It's like everyday you wake up and the first thing that comes into your head is "Oh gee I just want to know how I did." Then it stays there, all day, until night, when you goto sleep, still worrying about it.

I find the wait for A2 alot more excrutiating than AS, but I wouldn't say they're less important, because really they're going to decide what uni you get into not your A2s (they're just confirm it). But still when you have so much resting on A2s, you're at the final hurdle and it's painful =o

ReputationRep:
    But you can repeat them and improve your grades and nothng decded on the basis of your AS's
    Sorry, you didn't make that clear...I thought you meant ASs don't mean much fullstop, not getting the AS grades in the summer.

people can easily go from a D to an A n theri last yewar
    If you said that to some of my friends they'd probably kill you.

...chill year 12 summer is all about doing sfa and not caring about it
    I'm actually waiting for my A2s this summer...not that you would have known that.

ReputationRep:
    Just dont think about it...occupy yourself. Thats the best way

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually not that bothered. I haven't even been thinking about them! I just can't wait for the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I'm actually not that bothered. I haven't even been thinking about them! I just can't wait for the summer
    Its here already...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You've got more chance of getting snow than sun right now by the looks of things :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have my results already oh, the joys of taking a BTEC instead of A-levels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Did you hear those big weird rumbles in the sky yesterday? (I live in bucks too, that's why i ask lol) evidence that summmer may never arrive..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Its here already...
    You call this summer?! I got caught in a rainstorm and was soaked yesterday lunchtime. My trousers were still wet this morning!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    You've got more chance of getting snow than sun right now by the looks of things :rolleyes:
    It's sunny where I am...only a few clouds in the sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    It's sunny where I am...only a few clouds in the sky.

Alright for some. Its bloody miserable here. However that may just be my general mood...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.