Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hating the wait watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    It's sunny where I am...only a few clouds in the sky.
    where i am, anyone would think i live in the middle of the amazon. it's not as bad as yday though.

ReputationRep:
    it was horrible yesterday...i haven't needed my coat since april....and it's meant to be the middle of summer!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    A month and a half is far too long, I want my AS results now!!! Hmph. Got my predicted grades that will be going on my UCAS form today too, though was told that they may be changed in light of the AS results, so yet more waiting! :rolleyes: Is it bothering anyone else?
    I hardly ever think about results, even though i have a countdown in my signature! Last year i was so desperate for my GCSE results at about this time, i don't know why really! Just under 6 weeks now! I can't believe you're doing 5 A2s and studying the whole of AS maths over the summer, you're so brainy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I hardly ever think about results, even though i have a countdown in my signature! Last year i was so desperate for my GCSE results at about this time, i don't know why really! Just under 6 weeks now! I can't believe you're doing 5 A2s and studying the whole of AS maths over the summer, you're so brainy!
    I have to admit, I found last year worse. Maybe I jus cope with it a bit better now. And I'm not such much brainy, as am stupid for choosing to do 5 I think!

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit, I found last year worse. Maybe I jus cope with it a bit better now. And I'm not such much brainy, as am stupid for choosing to do 5 I think!
    What's your motivation for doing so many?!

ReputationRep:
    One of my teachers tryed to make me do five AS subjects when I was chosing my subjects...I just laughed at her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    But you can repeat them and improve your grades and nothng decded on the basis of your AS's people can easily go from a D to an A n theri last yewar...chill year 12 summer is all about doing sfa and not caring about it....
    Yeh I went from an E to an A in one of my Physics papers.

Waiting for A2 grades is hell - After I finished them I was really confident but now I'm getting worried - think its just the waiting getting to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    What's your motivation for doing so many?!
    Well I need maths for economics really, that's why I've taken that one up. I'm doing crtical thinking AS next year too, so that'll give me 6 ASs and 5A2s! But crit thinking doesn't require any work, and I don't want to give up any of my AS subjects because I like them all and just can't decide which one to drop. I think I can handle the work load, so why not really.

ReputationRep:
    The way I think about it is there is no point in worrying now because you've done the best you could in the exams and there is absolutley nothing you can (legally) do now to effect the results.

ReputationRep:
    Well I need maths for economics really, that's why I've taken that one up. I'm doing crtical thinking AS next year too, so that'll give me 6 ASs and 5A2s! But crit thinking doesn't require any work, and I don't want to give up any of my AS subjects because I like them all and just can't decide which one to drop. I think I can handle the work load, so why not really.
    Where are you hoping to study economics?

ReputationRep:
    Cool, sounds like you're sorted. I think i'm just going to continue with 3 of my subjects (+ general studies)! What are your predicted grades? Mine for AS (excl. g/s) are AABB but i want AAAB and next year i want AAA! I need AAB at least though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Where are you hoping to study economics?
    I'm not entirely sure where I'm applying yet - probably manchester, nottingham, bristol, durham, newcastle and warwick.

ReputationRep:
    Do they seriously do an AS in Critical Thinking?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    Cool, sounds like you're sorted. I think i'm just going to continue with 3 of my subjects (+ general studies)! What are your predicted grades? Mine for AS (excl. g/s) are AABB but i want AAAB and next year i want AAA! I need AAB at least though.
    I dound out I got predicted AAAA today, but they could go down after results day for obvious reasons! I hope we both get what we want

ReputationRep:
    Yes indeed they do.

ReputationRep:
    ..Yeah...

ReputationRep:
    ..Yeah...
    wot is it dat u wanna do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaq)
    wot is it dat u wanna do?
    Well I'm aplying for Economics at uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure where I'm applying yet - probably manchester, nottingham, bristol, durham, newcastle and warwick.
    Hey!! THat's all the unis I applied to, except I applied to Leeds and Cambridge instead of Bristol and Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Hey!! THat's all the unis I applied to, except I applied to Leeds and Cambridge instead of Bristol and Newcastle.
    so its not quite all d unis u applied to den...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.