Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unsure watch

Announcements

I told a guy a while ago that I liked him and had feelings for him. At the time he rejected me and threw it back in my face and was quite nasty with his voice and smirking when he did it. He made statements like 'you had your chance', 'I lost interest' and 'I can't go out with someone for just their looks'. I felt pretty hurt by these statements at the time and wondered why anyone would behave like this to someone they were initially interested in as he did like me before he rejected me.

I moved on but what I don't get is since he has asked if I would meet up with him. I am pretty unsure as I don't know if I should give him a chance or move on. I just found his behaviour was disrespectful and don't know if he would behave like this in a relationship. He never apologised for the way behaved which shows he is stubborn. I don't know anyone who would act like that to a love interest or even someone they don't like. Please can I have some advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I told a guy a while ago that I liked him and had feelings for him. At the time he rejected me and threw it back in my face and was quite nasty with his voice and smirking when he did it. He made statements like 'you had your chance', 'I lost interest' and 'I can't go out with someone for just their looks'. I felt pretty hurt by these statements at the time and wondered why anyone would behave like this to someone they were initially interested in as he did like me before he rejected me.

I moved on but what I don't get is since he has asked if I would meet up with him. I am pretty unsure as I don't know if I should give him a chance or move on. I just found his behaviour was disrespectful and don't know if he would behave like this in a relationship. He never apologised for the way behaved which shows he is stubborn. I don't know anyone who would act like that to a love interest or even someone they don't like. Please can I have some advice.
    Send him my profile picture.

Does anyone else have any views?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    He doesn't sound like someone to waste time on. He disrespected you and didn't even apologise before trying to carry on some kind of relationship. Personally, I'd decline the invitation. I wouldn't want to be messed around. If you think something is there, go for it, but remember that he will still have the same personality and will still be the same person.

(Original post by Anonymous)

Cut him off and move on. You don't need to deal with silly little boys who play head games.

There are plenty of people who know how to treat others right and respectfully, don't waste your time on this guy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.