Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wanting to drop out of college with only 2 weeks left? watch

Hey!

I'm currently in my 3rd year of college, I did a 2 year course and am now doing a 1 year course with my final year of free education. I'll get straight to the point, I suffer with severe Depression and Anxiety Panic Disorder, I've been doing therapy since I was 11 years old for these and stopped when I left school, I have been completely fine until starting this new course ( I am now 19 ) My depression started to get bad in the beginning of the year and my tutor tried to give my some therapy and it has sent me back to the state i was when I was 14( the worst ) After this it has brought back my severe Depression and crippling Anxiety and now i struggle to even leave the house, I have done all my theory work and got 100% on my exams, But getting to the practical side ( I'm doing makeup so we have to work on clients ) has been terrifying for me, With only 2 weeks left and 3 more assessment I feel like i can no longer do it, I was accepted into University with an amazing reference from my past tutor, supplied a portfolio which they were more than happy with and have the ucas point requirements they asked for, but my tutor heard about me being accepted onto this course and this weekend phoned up and basically told them i never turn up ( never told them why or my reasons even though they know ) and they have now emailed me telling them I am no longer allowed to attend.
    Hopefully you can image that this has really ****ed me up, I can even leave my room and talk to my close friends and family and keep on planning to kill myself and I think i'm going to either fail or drop out because i don't see the point in trying anymore, My tutor has just ****ed practically any motivation for me to get better and has essentially ****ed up my future. I have no idea what to do and I know if I go back into college next week I will end up breaking because I have no motivation anymore and end up breaking down and getting panic attack every time i see people outside the house.

I'm sorry for this being so lengthy but i was wondering if anyone has been though similar and has found a solution? because I have no idea what to even do anymore and i'm just stuck

ReputationRep:
    Just go in for the assessments if they aren't everyday. don't stress yourself with getting to college for a lecture etc. May I enquire what course you are already studying? and what one you would be going to uni for if your tutor hadn't been a b***?
    If you have a garden then revise or do some work out there instead of being cooped up indoors all the time. The outside air and light is very beneficial, especially for me when I had a mental breakdown in yr 11 (so I completely understand what it is you are going through). I would just step outside, especially in the rain and just zone into my own imagination instead of drown myself in my own pity and self loathing.
    If I can be of any help or if you need a friend to talk to then message me on my profile. You don't need to go through all this on your own and you will get past this and I know you can at least finish your 3rd year. I believe you can, you only have 2 weeks left or think about it in 14 days and just keep ticking the days off until its finished

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely go in just to complete the assignments you need to do and to keep up your attendance and consider setting yourself small manageable goals.

Goal 1 - complete 500-800 words assignment 1 for Mr Jones
    Goal 2 - completel 500-800 words assignment 2 for Mrs Smith
    Goal 3 - complete remainder of assignment 1 Mr Jones
    Goal 3 - complete remainder of assignment 2 Mrs Smith

Then give yourself a reward for example, a song on itunes, monthly subscription to spotify itunes music, game for Xbox or PS, necklace.

(Original post by katieMCR)
    Just go in for the assessments if they aren't everyday. don't stress yourself with getting to college for a lecture etc. May I enquire what course you are already studying? and what one you would be going to uni for if your tutor hadn't been a b***?
    If you have a garden then revise or do some work out there instead of being cooped up indoors all the time. The outside air and light is very beneficial, especially for me when I had a mental breakdown in yr 11 (so I completely understand what it is you are going through). I would just step outside, especially in the rain and just zone into my own imagination instead of drown myself in my own pity and self loathing.
    If I can be of any help or if you need a friend to talk to then message me on my profile. You don't need to go through all this on your own and you will get past this and I know you can at least finish your 3rd year. I believe you can, you only have 2 weeks left or think about it in 14 days and just keep ticking the days off until its finished

That is what I am trying to do at the moment and will be going in tomorrow for my main assessment, I am currently doing a 1 year media makeup course ( as kind of tryout year since i didn't feel ready for uni ) And I would be doing a Concept Art and Illustration course in University. The thing is though I have done every single bit of physical written work and done my exams ( getting 100% ) but for my assessments i'm required to do makeup on clients and with my anxiety and depression skyrocketing suddenly its feels almost impossible to do right now considering i can't even leave the house without wanting to breakdown But right now I am just festering in my room because I don't even know what to do anymore.

Thank you ever so much for offering to talk to me if needed, and I really want to hope I am able to go in these last couple of weeks and just get it all over and done with .

(Original post by TeddyBear86)
    I would definitely go in just to complete the assignments you need to do and to keep up your attendance and consider setting yourself small manageable goals.

Goal 1 - complete 500-800 words assignment 1 for Mr Jones
    Goal 2 - completel 500-800 words assignment 2 for Mrs Smith
    Goal 3 - complete remainder of assignment 1 Mr Jones
    Goal 3 - complete remainder of assignment 2 Mrs Smith

Then give yourself a reward for example, a song on itunes, monthly subscription to spotify itunes music, game for Xbox or PS, necklace.
    Thanks! I shall give that a try and let you know if it works out!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.