Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was looking at the dresses and I know some of them are sherry hill.
    http://www.sherrylondon.co.uk/prom-dresses-c-14/

I don't want the dress to end up looking like this when I get it.

ReputationRep:
    That dress ugly either way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Call Me Juan)
    juan? i though trump had you deported...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I thought this was going to be a thread asking if TSR can be trusted and the answer to that is definitely not.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I think there is a website called trustpilot that has reviews on websites

Kind regards
    Rollsafe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)

is there a return policy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I thought this was going to be a thread asking if TSR can be trusted and the answer to that is definitely not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    juan? i though trump had you deported...
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    is there a return policy?
    I just read it and it said that they don't return dresses which are not the correct size.

ReputationRep:
    I just read it and it said that they don't return dresses which are not the correct size.
    so you can return them if the dress was false advertising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Call Me Juan)
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    girl you can do so much better!

ReputationRep:
    so you can return them if the dress was false advertising?
    I think you can return the dress if it's in it's original condition.

, there will be at most a 5% difference between the product picture and the product you receive.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think i'll be ordering from them

ReputationRep:
    I think you can return the dress if it's in it's original condition.

, there will be at most a 5% difference between the product picture and the product you receive.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't think i'll be ordering from them
    its a pretty dress though

i recommend looking around the hunt, they have some nice dresses
    • Very Important Poster

It reminded me of this article- do read it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...disasters.html

If you go ahead, then buy it using your credit card (not debit) or your parents, then you will get protection.

I had a quick search for you and they are just a website. I think although they say UK based they have no physical shop and i'd suspect they just register their company in the UK. There seem to be a lack of reviews for such a big shop other than a few blogs which look more like sales pitches.

I would contact Trading Standards to see if they get complaints about the company. The relevant one is
    Enfield Borough Council. Trading Standards & Licensin Trading Standards & Licensing
    P O Box 57
    Civic Centre
    Silver Street
    Enfield
    EN1 3XH Phone(s): 020 8379 1000
    email: [email protected]
    t: Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06

Also dont forget you have to have the figure to suit these dresses.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dress2party.net

This company got some good reviews from Trust Pilot, although there are some negative ones. They do have physical shops though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    i read some of the reviews on there and they seem dodgy...considering it's a UK based online shop, the reviewers' english are quite awkward, some of the reviewer names seem made up as well. one review is by ''Rob'' and it says something like this dress is perfect fit...um ok :rofl: and it's all 5 stars mmmm. plus theyre manufactored in china so im not sure how reliable that is
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 18.28.58.png
Views: 105
Size:  31.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i read some of the reviews on there and they seem dodgy...considering it's a UK based online shop, the reviewers' english are quite awkward, some of the reviewer names seem made up as well. one review is by ''Rob'' and it says something like this dress is perfect fit...um ok :rofl: and it's all 5 stars mmmm. plus theyre manufactored in china so im not sure how reliable that is
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 18.28.58.png
Views: 105
Size:  31.1 KB
    I read the return policy. Instead of saying colour they said color. hmmmm I've never seen a website make a spelling mistake. Isn't Rob a guys name omg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a feeling the company wrote these reviews about themselves :innocent:
    • Very Important Poster

It looks Chinese using a registered office. Color is just an americanisation. The reason you ring trading standards is vecayse they should know if the company has a bad rep. For all major online purchases use your credit card or if you dont have on then that of your parents. That way you will get protection.

If they were legitimate or a great company/site they would have laods of testimonials and reviews. one blog I read extolling the virtues of the site, when asked said she hadnt actually bought a dress from them. Physical shops are your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    It looks Chinese using a registered office. Color is just an americanisation. The reason you ring trading standards is vecayse they should know if the company has a bad rep. For all major online purchases use your credit card or if you dont have on then that of your parents. That way you will get protection.

If they were legitimate or a great company/site they would have laods of testimonials and reviews. one blog I read extolling the virtues of the site, when asked said she hadnt actually bought a dress from them. Physical shops are your best bet.
    Thanks The Sherry Hill dresses are cheaper on this site. Usually Sherry Hill dresses are £400 and above. I thought that was kinda weird.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I read the return policy. Instead of saying colour they said color. hmmmm I've never seen a website make a spelling mistake. Isn't Rob a guys name omg
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I have a feeling the company wrote these reviews about themselves :innocent:
    yeah you can bet on it, some chinese online retailers do this and fake a lot of other things, they also dont hire translators to do their english translation and it's really obvious

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.