The Student Room Group

I answered question 5 wrong on AQA Englih Language paper !

Hi, I was so stupid when doing this paper, question 5 was to write a letter to an editor of a newspaper about a time you were 'pushed to the limit', but I didn't write a letter I just jumped straight into the content and I didn't even sign it at the end or write 'dear.....' at the beginning!! This was the same for one of my friends as well :| Will we still get a few marks for our answers?? I feel so annoyed :/

Thank you :smile:
i think maybe because of misunderstanding the form but i did the same :frown:

unfortunately we can't go back
Original post by skye99
Hi, I was so stupid when doing this paper, question 5 was to write a letter to an editor of a newspaper about a time you were 'pushed to the limit', but I didn't write a letter I just jumped straight into the content and I didn't even sign it at the end or write 'dear.....' at the beginning!! This was the same for one of my friends as well :| Will we still get a few marks for our answers?? I feel so annoyed :/Thank you :smile:

I wouldn't dwell on it since you can't do anything about it. You might lose a mark or two (I'm not quite sure how they mark this), but so long as your content was good, you really shouldn't worry.

Try to forget about it and enjoy your summer holidays! :h::h:
Reply 3
Original post by sfaraj
i think maybe because of misunderstanding the form but i did the same :frown:

unfortunately we can't go back

I know we just need to focus on the next exams coming up, I was just worried as I wasn't sure whether I will get any marks on that question, do you think we will get a few marks still ??

All the best :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Banana00
I wouldn't dwell on it since you can't do anything about it. You might lose a mark or two (I'm not quite sure how they mark this), but so long as your content was good, you really shouldn't worry.

Try to forget about it and enjoy your summer holidays! :h::h:

Thank you !! You too :smile:
Original post by skye99
I know we just need to focus on the next exams coming up, I was just worried as I wasn't sure whether I will get any marks on that question, do you think we will get a few marks still ??

All the best :smile:

yeah! i think to prevent us from getting any marks of spag and structure and content will be absurd!

what do you have left? i only have chemistry tomorrow and then im free!!!!11111
Reply 6
Original post by sfaraj
yeah! i think to prevent us from getting any marks of spag and structure and content will be absurd!

what do you have left? i only have chemistry tomorrow and then im free!!!!11111

True true :smile: I have physics tomorrow and then I'm done !!!! I'm so excited to finally have a life again :,)
Reply 7
Wait was that the question... Oops
I did the same thing. I think it was out of 16, and when I asked my teacher, she said I would lose 4 marks at the very most. What grade are you aiming for?
Reply 9
Original post by robyn2000
I did the same thing. I think it was out of 16, and when I asked my teacher, she said I would lose 4 marks at the very most. What grade are you aiming for?

Fudge
Reply 10
Original post by skye99
Hi, I was so stupid when doing this paper, question 5 was to write a letter to an editor of a newspaper about a time you were 'pushed to the limit', but I didn't write a letter I just jumped straight into the content and I didn't even sign it at the end or write 'dear.....' at the beginning!! This was the same for one of my friends as well :| Will we still get a few marks for our answers?? I feel so annoyed :/

Thank you :smile:

I did the exact same thing :redface: I don't think we'll lose too many marks as long as the content is good :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by luciie
I did the exact same thing :redface: I don't think we'll lose too many marks as long as the content is good :smile:

Its so annoying isn't it ! :/ But that's good !!

all the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest