Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting youtube singing... advice please. watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've finished my GCSE's and I've been wanting to start youtube for a while. I'm really dedicated to singing/songwriting and see it being my future career. Anyway, I wanted to put covers/originals on youtube however I'm scared people will steal my songs/music. Is there a way to avoid this? And precautions to take that don't involve me spending money to protect my official unreleased music?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaterialBoy)
    So I've finished my GCSE's and I've been wanting to start youtube for a while. I'm really dedicated to singing/songwriting and see it being my future career. Anyway, I wanted to put covers/originals on youtube however I'm scared people will steal my songs/music. Is there a way to avoid this? And precautions to take that don't involve me spending money to protect my official unreleased music?

Cheers.
    stick to covers to build up some reputation and get advertising rights and see what happens from there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wouldn't worry about people stealing your music. I'm not saying that your music is bad or anything, just that the chances of someone stumbling across it, using it without your permission and then making money from it are astronomically low. Unless you get quite well known then very few people will even hear it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.