Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 and plan on doing work experience after my GCSEs. Will I need to do a CV? If so what do I need to put in one as I'm totally clueless?
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yes you will need a CV. If you have no prior work experience at all, put things like extra curriculars and school positions that show a range of skills (e.g. if you play team sports, talking about that will show teamwork skills, if you are some kind of class rep, that shows leadership etc.)

(Original post by Frizzy one)
    I'm 16 and plan on doing work experience after my GCSEs. Will I need to do a CV? If so what do I need to put in one as I'm totally clueless?
    Thanks in advance
    It depends where you want to go I guess. I am gonna do mine at a hospital next week and that took a LOT of effort to get but I didn't have to hand in a CV as such. Just filled out a bunch of forms and hoped for the best in the application process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It depends where you want to go I guess. I am gonna do mine at a hospital next week and that took a LOT of effort to get but I didn't have to hand in a CV as such. Just filled out a bunch of forms and hoped for the best in the application process.
    I'm looking for work experiance in schools/ childcare
    Hope it goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    Yes you will need a CV. If you have no prior work experience at all, put things like extra curriculars and school positions that show a range of skills (e.g. if you play team sports, talking about that will show teamwork skills, if you are some kind of class rep, that shows leadership etc.)
    Thank you x I did a week of work experience in a primary school last year so, I'll include that. Is there any websites with example CVs?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    If you look on Barclay's Life Skills website, there's a lot of handy stuff on there. It can help you with finding work experience, writing a CV, writing cover letters and stuff. It's really handy and you can tailor what's shown to you first to your situation, so in this case a school leaver looking for work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    If you look on Barclay's Life Skills website, there's a lot of handy stuff on there. It can help you with finding work experience, writing a CV, writing cover letters and stuff. It's really handy and you can tailor what's shown to you first to your situation, so in this case a school leaver looking for work experience.
    Thank you x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.