Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im looking to go into textile design but i cant get onto a textile degree due to my grades

if i go onto an art and design extended 4 year degree can i focus on textile design and learn textiles skills or will it be mostly art related
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Elfqueen1)
    im looking to go into textile design but i cant get onto a textile degree due to my grades

if i go onto an art and design extended 4 year degree can i focus on textile design and learn textiles skills or will it be mostly art related
    You'd need to ask this directly to the university you're considering. It may be possible to transfer onto the textiles degree after completing the extended year.

Have you considered instead doing an art and design foundation diploma? Or applying anyway - generally art degrees will make offers based on portfolio and interview, the grade requirements are usually a guide to which a lot of exceptions are made.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.