Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you can see from the title i'm going to attempt to find a job before i move away in September for uni. Now the problem/question i have is that, obviously they're going to ask me about my self and then I would, if being honest have to tell them about the fact i'll be moving away. This then i feel would put me at a disadvantage as they don't want to employ a member of staff who is only there for a few months. And the problem is applying for temporary roles I have found they get paid less than those who were employed on a permanent basis So should I lie and say that I won't be going to university at all? How do i go about this, any recommendations ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    As you can see from the title i'm going to attempt to find a job before i move away in September for uni. Now the problem/question i have is that, obviously they're going to ask me about my self and then I would, if being honest have to tell them about the fact i'll be moving away. This then i feel would put me at a disadvantage as they don't want to employ a member of staff who is only there for a few months. And the problem is applying for temporary roles I have found they get paid less than those who were employed on a permanent basis So should I lie and say that I won't be going to university at all? How do i go about this, any recommendations ?
    If it's for a company i.e Tesco then you can explain that you're going to uni and would it be possible to get a transfer to a store near your uni. So work at that store during term time and then go back to your store in the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohhello92x)
    If it's for a company i.e Tesco then you can explain that you're going to uni and would it be possible to get a transfer to a store near your uni. So work at that store during term time and then go back to your store in the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Would they not think then that's to much hassle and just pick another candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richpeasant)
    Would they not think then that's to much hassle and just pick another candidate?
    I don't think so. There was a girl who worked with me, was at my store for a few weeks then went to uni and got transferred to the store there

Wouldn't hurt to see

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.