Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking up on t'internet and there seems to be a load of good music venues in Bristol.
    The Fleece and Firkin looks particularly good, Biffy Clyro are playing in October...I'll probably go to that.
    I would have thought the Bristol Academy would have had some good bands playing, but it looks quite poor for the near future.

Anyone at/from Bristol have any opinions on the best venue?

ReputationRep:
    Am not at Bristol yet either but agree the range looks quite good, catering for all tastes, from trance (...if that's your sorta thing)to 70's rock (now thats what I call music! )

ps - r u a peter kay fan too?!

ReputationRep:
    Not a massive fan but I do find him quite funny...he's good in Pheonix Nights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raagyone)
    I've been looking up on t'internet and there seems to be a load of good music venues in Bristol.
    The Fleece and Firkin looks particularly good, Biffy Clyro are playing in October...I'll probably go to that.
    I would have thought the Bristol Academy would have had some good bands playing, but it looks quite poor for the near future.

Anyone at/from Bristol have any opinions on the best venue?
    Its annoying that the Hope of The States are playing in Manchester when I'm in Bristol and in Bristol when I'm in Manchester! But it does seem that all the good (imo) bands go to Bristol so at least its seen as a good place to play gigs

ReputationRep:
    The Zutons are playing the student union when we're there...
    I'm tempted to get a ticket but I'll end up going on my own. Just hope I find a fellow Zutons fan there and that it hasn't sold out by then.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm definately going to go see Biffy Clyro, and I don't particularly mind if I go by myself because they're so good live.

ReputationRep:
    And the Music are playing the Academy the day we get there
    Hmm, the Delgados, Goldie Lookin' Chain and the Bees are playing too, all very tempting.

ReputationRep:
    I think i'll need a guide to all this music to go to in bristol, not used to having gigs that are nearer than an hour and a half train ride away. Also as i had to actually work hard to (hopefully) get the grades for bristol not had much chance to listen to much new music.

Someone give me a list of bands that are worth listening to and that are playing in bristol and i'll go listen to there album(s)

ReputationRep:
    What sort of music are you into? What bands/artists do you like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryn)
    I think i'll need a guide to all this music to go to in bristol, not used to having gigs that are nearer than an hour and a half train ride away. Also as i had to actually work hard to (hopefully) get the grades for bristol not had much chance to listen to much new music.

Someone give me a list of bands that are worth listening to and that are playing in bristol and i'll go listen to there album(s)
    The Zutons! It's only £8 in Virgin - sort of Coral-esque music, nominated for the Mercury Prize. It must be good - they've got saxophones.

ReputationRep:
    I saw The Zutons in a tiny venue before they got big so I think I won't be going........although I did see that the Futureheads are supporting. They'd be good to see.

ReputationRep:
    The Bees are at the Fleece in October - I quite fancy seeing them. Just seen Brendan Benson is playing the Louisiana...3 days before we get there. Pft. I'd really like to see him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go see him at the Wolverhampton Little Civic two days before we go to Bristol...well, I have to buy the tickets first.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.