elisabethgrace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've chosen Maths, Physics, History and English Literature. I've also already got an AS-Level in Religious Studies but I'm not finishing the A-Level.
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is the same interesting combination I took in Year 12
elisabethgrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
That is the same interesting combination I took in Year 12
How did it go? 😊
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by elisabethgrace)
How did it go? 😊
It was good, though in Year 13 I dropped History in favour of taking up Further Maths full A level
Jayce.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've chosen Maths, Physics, History and English Literature. I've also already got an AS-Level in Religious Studies but I'm not finishing the A-Level.
How was Religious Studies for you? I'm not sure if I should take it.
username2713253
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've chosen Biology Chemistry Physics and Maths to start this year hopefully
elisabethgrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jayce.x)
How was Religious Studies for you? I'm not sure if I should take it.
The AS is really interesting. I can't compare workload really as I took it 2 years early but I think that to do it you really need to find it interesting as there's a lot of subject matter to learn as well as all the reading around that you really need for the exam.
Jayce.x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The AS is really interesting. I can't compare workload really as I took it 2 years early but I think that to do it you really need to find it interesting as there's a lot of subject matter to learn as well as all the reading around that you really need for the exam.
Can you link the books you used for it? And which board did you do it from?
elisabethgrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jayce.x)
Can you link the books you used for it? And which board did you do it from?
I did AQA but I didn't really use revision books. I did buy the Nelson Thornes book for the Ethics module but I did't end up using it as much as I thought I would; I mainly used the internet and my notes made in lesson time. In terms of reading around, I read 'The Puzzle of God' by Peter Vardy, 'The Bible From Scratch' by Simon Jenkins, 'Philosophy Made Simple' by Richard H. Popkin and Avrum Stroll which had a couple of helpful chapters but wasn't particularly relevent to the subject matter, 'Principles of Political Economy' by J.S. Mill which gave you a good insight into Mills views but wasn't nessesary, 'Freud For Beginners' by Richard Appignanesi which was really helpful and 'Ethics For Beginners' by Dave Robinson and Chris Garratt. The 'For Beginners' series is really helpul actually; it uses comic strips and lots of cartoons and things and is great for breaking down a subject - they are also really cheap which helps! Hope this is helpful x
almando
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English. Couldnt decide on one to drop this year so i took them all into A2.
username2326241
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am jus t finishing a2 maths, biology and chamistry and i did physics at as
SabakuKyuu
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'll hopefully be doing English Literature, Mathematics, Psychology and Sociology from September onwards :-) I'm really excited for English Lit and Maths courses, as they look really interesting at A-level. ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jakir
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm gonna do Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Further Maths. Wish me luck...
smartsy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Maths, FM, physics, chemistry, german and japanese, and have an AS in biology
Jayce.x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did AQA but I didn't really use revision books. I did buy the Nelson Thornes book for the Ethics module but I did't end up using it as much as I thought I would; I mainly used the internet and my notes made in lesson time. In terms of reading around, I read 'The Puzzle of God' by Peter Vardy, 'The Bible From Scratch' by Simon Jenkins, 'Philosophy Made Simple' by Richard H. Popkin and Avrum Stroll which had a couple of helpful chapters but wasn't particularly relevent to the subject matter, 'Principles of Political Economy' by J.S. Mill which gave you a good insight into Mills views but wasn't nessesary, 'Freud For Beginners' by Richard Appignanesi which was really helpful and 'Ethics For Beginners' by Dave Robinson and Chris Garratt. The 'For Beginners' series is really helpul actually; it uses comic strips and lots of cartoons and things and is great for breaking down a subject - they are also really cheap which helps! Hope this is helpful x
Thank you so much!
keepyourapology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in Year 11(sorry for intruding) and I was thinking of Math, Physics, Economics, French, but I am stuck between choosing Chemistry or Further Math. I don't have a very clear career path, so most "valued" a-levels would help. I did AQA Further Maths GCSE, and I'm predicted an A* at GCSE Maths.
elisabethgrace
Rep:
?
(Original post by keepyourapology)
I'm in Year 11(sorry for intruding) and I was thinking of Math, Physics, Economics, French, but I am stuck between choosing Chemistry or Further Math. I don't have a very clear career path, so most "valued" a-levels would help. I did AQA Further Maths GCSE, and I'm predicted an A* at GCSE Maths.
Further Maths would go well with your Maths, Physics and to some extent economics and it should be completely do-able with your grades. From what I've been told by teachers and other students Chemistry is only interesting if you find it really interesting and is supposedly one of the hardest A-Levels so only take it if you want a challenge! In terms of which is mos useful, they are both about equal for employers and universities so it really is a matter of taking the one you enjoy most at the moment. Have a look at the course/specification for both of them and decide which one you like most Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (292)
65.47%
No (154)
34.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed