The Student Room Group

Will GCSEs effect my uni choices

Hi basically I am in year 11 and just finished my exams and personally I don't feel like they went to well as I had expectations for majority a* but I think I may end up with a few Bs and possibly Cs
I've always wanted to do law and go to a really good uni preferbly Kcl but I'm honestly so worried that I've ruined everything now. I would very much appreciate any advice from people that have applied to unis or have any info on anyway I can improve me chances to applied to Russell group unis

Thank you
Will getting a few Bs and Cs affect your chances of being accepted by KCL and other good universities? Absolutely not.
Reply 2
Agreed, just work hard on your A levels and your GCSEs will hardly be a factor.
Original post by missn2000
Hi basically I am in year 11 and just finished my exams and personally I don't feel like they went to well as I had expectations for majority a* but I think I may end up with a few Bs and possibly Cs
I've always wanted to do law and go to a really good uni preferbly Kcl but I'm honestly so worried that I've ruined everything now. I would very much appreciate any advice from people that have applied to unis or have any info on anyway I can improve me chances to applied to Russell group unis

Thank you

relax breath in and out in and out... ok are you calm now... the GCSE's are pretty unimportant when it comes to uni as long as you have C in English literature and maths most places ask for that the only door that i know of that is closed is Oxford who do for some reason look at your GCSE grades so yeah as long as your A levels BTEC whatever are good you should be fine.
Reply 4
Thank you for your replies, I just hate not knowing im a very anxious person so I keep thinking of the worst

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending