Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study politics at LSE, but i massively messed up my AS level. instead of doing 2 full sections I mixed and matched the questions since when we did practise questions that was what we were told we could do. I've chatted to my teachers and they said i'm likely to be predicted AAA or A* (for politics) AA, because I'm good at politics I just messed up that one exam. Do you think with those high predicted grades LSE would still accept a re-take? i've heard top universities don't.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CharlotteW1)
    I want to study politics at LSE, but i massively messed up my AS level. instead of doing 2 full sections I mixed and matched the questions since when we did practise questions that was what we were told we could do. I've chatted to my teachers and they said i'm likely to be predicted AAA or A* (for politics) AA, because I'm good at politics I just messed up that one exam. Do you think with those high predicted grades LSE would still accept a re-take? i've heard top universities don't.
    Wait and see what your actual grade is before worrying too much, but...

LSE: http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergrad...uirements.aspx
    Retakes
    Given the competition for places and the nature of assessment at LSE, we prefer students who have achieved high grades in their first attempt (and in one sitting) at relevant examinations. If extenuating circumstances have impacted your exam performance, you should include details of these in your application.

ReputationRep:
    I have just completed my AS levels and achieved AAAB in History, Economics, English Literature & Geography. I am predicted A*AAA for A2, however achieved 1 A*, A, BBBBBBBBB at GCSE's. Is there any point in applying?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible they will take a retake, but less so for the most competitive courses.
    For reference, I got A*AABBBBBBBCCD at GCSEs, ABCC at AS and AAB at A2. I will be going to study sociology this year. I also retook 2 AS exams, so they can decide to accept retakes if they wish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.