The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi! Just got an offer for BSc Psychology (A*AA), so if anybody's waiting they'll be coming 😊
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Qwerty0707
Congrats!!! How long after you took the LNAT did they reply?

I'm not sure about the date anymore but I think it was on october 7th? So about 2 months :smile:
Original post by Cecyl01
I JUST GOT AN OFFER FOR LAW!!!! I'M SO GLAD!!!! They're asking me 15/20 for my french baccalaureate :biggrin:

So happy for you! How long did it take for them to respond?
Original post by Chloe Rosey
So happy for you! How long did it take for them to respond?

About 2 months :smile: I applied on october 14th and I received my offer tonight
Just got an offer for Economics and Finance, grades ABB! Wasn't expecting them to offer me such low grades considering the offer is usually AAA and contextual is AAB.
Original post by JamesPhilly
Just got an offer for Economics and Finance, grades ABB! Wasn't expecting them to offer me such low grades considering the offer is usually AAA and contextual is AAB.

When did you apply?
Has anyone applied to French and got an offer yet? Bristol is my last offer to wait for now

I've applied for French and Politics and I'm still waiting - it's the only one left for me as well
Original post by mahmzo
When did you apply?

22nd November, just under 2 weeks. Was expecting to wait for a lot longer.
22nd November, just under 2 weeks. Was expecting to wait for a lot longer.

I applied october 12th and still have not heard back :/
Original post by mahmzo
I applied october 12th and still have not heard back :/

For what course?
Original post by beth.stoney
I've applied for French and Politics and I'm still waiting - it's the only one left for me as well

Thank you! Good luck for uni! :smile:
For what course?

Aerospace Engineering
Original post by Cecyl01
About 2 months :smile: I applied on october 14th and I received my offer tonight

I guess that wasn't too bad. I'll be waiting until Jan then. Thanks for telling me and congrats again!
Original post by Wisefire
The following does not relate to applicants to Bristol, but would anyone reading this say I am incredibly unlikely to gain an offer from UCL for Information Management for Business, Durham for Business and Management, Manchester for International Management or Nottingham for International Management through an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business Studies? I am very worried over this being the reality.

I am 19. I hold 1A* 4As 5Bs 1C at GCSE and ABDE at AS-Level. I had offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Accounting & Finance degrees while doing A2-Levels in a boy's private school in January 2015. I have a really awry, horrible and intricate past which had not allowed me to continue with my education when doing A2-Levels. I went through a lot of distress. Now, miserably, I mostly if not only have access to Access courses and unfortunately not new A-Levels. My personal statement this year is in my opinion far stronger than what got me offers from Manchester and Nottingham two years ago. I'm petrified. I feel hopeless.

I would not ****ing have this anxiety nor this issue if I had the opportunity to give myself good, manifestly superior qualifications such as A-Level grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have had a lot of anxiety and depression issues recently, and they have not changed much through my second year. If it makes you feel any better, you still have good qualifacations and I hope that you can find a good uni! :smile:
how long does it roughly take for bristol to reply to an offer?
Original post by student1242

What do you mean - reply to an application?
Original post by student1242

I've heard that they like to take their time. They acknowledged my application on November 18th and I got an offer today, but some have to wait a lot longer. Good luck!
Bristol just gave me a conditional for French single honours. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon! :smile:
Bristol just gave me a conditional for French single honours. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon! :smile:

Ah congrats! That's great, where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks!! And well done on your offer!! Thats such a long wait compared to all my other choices. What subject did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending