The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

2017 Uni of Bristol applicants mega-thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cannoning
I did, I got rejected for mechanical engineering but allowed to make an alternative application for either combined mechanical and electrical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, civil engineering or engineering mathematics. What about you?

I think you mean 'being considered for an alternative course', which is not the same as 'making an alternative application'.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by returnmigrant
I think you mean 'being considered for an alternative course', which is not the same as 'making an alternative application'.

Yes thats what I meant.
Reply 842
Anyone applying to do Criminology?
Or is anyone currently doing it? I don't think the website makes the course look that interesting which is a shame - UWE's looks better! But I really want to go to Bristol PLEASE will someone reassure me?

Thanks
Original post by Cannoning
I did, I got rejected for mechanical engineering but allowed to make an alternative application for either combined mechanical and electrical engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, civil engineering or engineering mathematics. What about you?

Rejected for design engineering. But was made the same offer. I decided to go for mechanical and electrical.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niccidacosta
aw man im sorry to hear that!:frown: did they say why?!

No, not sure whether to email for feedback as my LNAT score was 20...not the best but after being rejected yesterday it was better than I expected! Have you heard from Bristol yet?
Original post by Josiekp
Anyone applying to do Criminology?
Or is anyone currently doing it? I don't think the website makes the course look that interesting which is a shame - But I really want to go to Bristol PLEASE will someone reassure me?

Its a new course this year, which is probably why the course description is a bit basic. The whole area of 'Social/Public Policy' is big/important at Bristol, and its an area with lots of career potential.
Original post by KatieHHH
No, not sure whether to email for feedback as my LNAT score was 20...not the best but after being rejected yesterday it was better than I expected! Have you heard from Bristol yet?

My LNAT score was 19, and I actually haven't heard back from them yet so I'm guessing I'll be in the same boat as you very soon! But I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks ☹️
Original post by efranc11
My LNAT score was 19, and I actually haven't heard back from them yet so I'm guessing I'll be in the same boat as you very soon! But I'm sorry to hear that, it sucks ☹️

Last year I was waiting until 23rd March for an offer, and that was with an LNAT of 32. Don't lose hope!
Hello :smile:

I have received an unconditional offer for MA Philosophy of Biological and Cognitive Sciences.

I haven't seen any other graduate applicants around, but if there is someone it would be nice to chat, as I'm international student and I know nobody in the UK.

Hope all you guys get your offers soon, best wishes!
Original post by MiguelReynaga
Hello :smile:

I have received an unconditional offer for MA Philosophy of Biological and Cognitive Sciences.

I haven't seen any other graduate applicants around, but if there is someone it would be nice to chat, as I'm international student and I know nobody in the UK.

Hope all you guys get your offers soon, best wishes!

congrats on your offer, thats fab! where are you from?
Anyone heard back for aerospace engineering yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by niccidacosta
congrats on your offer, thats fab! where are you from?

Hey thank you ! :smile:

I'm from Mexico,

Actually I'm a bit worried :frown: because of all the Brexit stuff but I hope it won't be a problem :biggrin:

I'm from Mexico, Actually I'm a bit worried because of all the Brexit stuff but I hope it won't be a problem

Brexit is about leaving the EU, it has nothing to do with Mexico.
Anyone sitll waiting for mechanical engineering?
Original post by metrize
Anyone sitll waiting for mechanical engineering?

my mate got rejected yesterday
Hey guys,

I was called for an interview for the chemistry w/ preliminary year course and I'm really scared as I really don't know what to expect. I'm both a mature student (24yo) and I hold international qualifications. I have been away from school for a while and what I do has nothing to do with chemistry, but it's what I really want to do. In their website they say the preliminary year is meant for those who don't have a science background. Does anyone have any idea how the interview works or at least any valuable tips? =) thanks
Original post by Guimarc
Hey guys,

I was called for an interview for the chemistry w/ preliminary year course and I'm really scared as I really don't know what to expect.

Interviews like this are not designed to trip you up or be 'scary'.

Bristol regularly interviews mature applicants and the aim is mostly to reassure you that you are applying for the right course and are aware of what 'doing a a degree' involves. Its more like a friendly chat with a tutor who is already on your side (why else would they be interviewing you) than a job interview or a selection panel. They will ask you the obvious stuff about why you want to do a degree (and why now), what you background is, and try and test out your thinking skills with a few basic 'chemistry' questions. Smile, make eye contact, and be honest about who you are and why you want to go to Uni. That is all they expect.

Good luck - come back here and tell us how you got on?
Reply 857
Eh I'm still waiting to even get a reply from Bristol :frown:( I just want to pick my firm and insurance already !!!
Reply 858
Hey thank you ! :smile:

I'm from Mexico,

Actually I'm a bit worried :frown: because of all the Brexit stuff but I hope it won't be a problem :biggrin:

You're ok, brexit is about the EU so it has nothing to do with you & were you reside in since you're not in the EU.
I've applied for criminology but not received an offer yet, has anyone else, if so what entry requirements??

Quick Reply