Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i just passed my test and bought a renault clio 1.5 diesel and im trying to get it insured but i cant find any companies that are under 2,500. They wont even let me insure the car in one of my parents names and then let me be a named driver on the policy because my parents both have policies out on their own cars. ive also tried addin inthe black box and it hasnt really made that much of a difference. Does anyone know a way i could get the insurance price down? any help would be really appreciated

(Original post by ccrowe663)
    i just passed my test and bought a renault clio 1.5 diesel and im trying to get it insured but i cant find any companies that are under 2,500. They wont even let me insure the car in one of my parents names and then let me be a named driver on the policy because my parents both have policies out on their own cars. ive also tried addin inthe black box and it hasnt really made that much of a difference. Does anyone know a way i could get the insurance price down? any help would be really appreciated
    More Than Smart Insurance with a black box. Ask to put your parents as main driver but don't use their no claims bonus, they then won't have a problem with it at all it'll just lower your price. Reduce your annual mileage also.

ReputationRep:
    Don't put your parents as main driver - as you'll be driving the car more (it's yours/they have their own) it's fraud.

Put them as named drivers, it should bring the price down.

Unfortunately new drivers have to pay high premiums - if you can afford the insurance you can't afford to drive, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by shaymarriott)
    Don't put your parents as main driver - as you'll be driving the car more (it's yours/they have their own) it's fraud.

Put them as named drivers, it should bring the price down.

Unfortunately new drivers have to pay high premiums - if you can afford the insurance you can't afford to drive, unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    and if he cant afford the insurance he still wouldnt be able to afford to drive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.