The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Did the International Baccalaureate in English; for three or so years now been interested in economics and business and teh course in Manchester seemed versatile and suited my interests. Wanted to go to uni abroad and since my English is fluent it seemed like my best bet language-wise so that I'd actually get the most out of my studies. Been studying French quite long too so considered France but the English system with 3yrs for BA and tehn two for MBA or sth is better for me.
I just graduated this July and am currently at my summer job doing a marketing plan for this new excercising venue in my hometown here in Finland. Must say saving isn't my strong suit either - we'll see how it all goes in Manchester! Just on my lunch break now, looking at flights simultaneously. It's so much more expensive to fly to Manchester from here than to London.

Where are you working?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
At an Estate Agents, I'm a Secretary and Property Negotiator Assistant. It's been great. Only got 3 weeks left though :frown: Your job sounds really cool. Don't you have to pay international fees of like £10,000 or something? Seems ridiculous! Why don't you fly to London and then get the train up to Manchester?
Reply 22
its sometimes cheaper to fly from heathrow to manchester, if u book in advance it can as cheap as £30 one way on BMI, which is cheaper than some trains cos of all the problems with the west coast mainline! It wud also be easier to get from Manchester airport to the uni than to get from heathrow to euston for the train! depends on price tho!
Reply 23
kirstenb
its sometimes cheaper to fly from heathrow to manchester, if u book in advance it can as cheap as £30 one way on BMI, which is cheaper than some trains cos of all the problems with the west coast mainline! It wud also be easier to get from Manchester airport to the uni than to get from heathrow to euston for the train! depends on price tho!

Im flying to Heathrow and then getting the train 'up north' cos im gonna spend a few days with my mates in north london beforehand, but if i was to fly im pretty sure it would be really expensive - and you can get a train up for about 45 quid from central london
Reply 24
no its £ 50 return on BMI as long as u book in advance! whenever we go to london we fly cos its cheaper than the train! it wont be as good value travellin one way but thats just the way it works but really consider it cos its defo cheaper than trains!
Reply 25
I found out today that I got in my first choice! I'll be moving into Weston Hall in September. Is anyone else going there?
Reply 26
I just got my place confirmed today to study Psychology. I don't know where I'll be staying yet, but my first 3 choices were Wright Robinson, Chandos, and Grosvenor St.
Reply 27
i am off to Weston hall. its really weird that i was getting my reults this time last year!! Now my gap year is over and its off to uni! AAGGHH! Got into manch by skin of teeth with ABBC to do Masters in T&C Planning. was so excited, mainly by the fact that i could tell the indifferent UCL to shove their offer up their arse. Also i find it wierd that i will be a year older than some of you! HA HA HA!!! :biggrin:
Reply 28
OnMyWay
i am off to Weston hall. its really weird that i was getting my reults this time last year!! Now my gap year is over and its off to uni! AAGGHH! Got into manch by skin of teeth with ABBC to do Masters in T&C Planning. was so excited, mainly by the fact that i could tell the indifferent UCL to shove their offer up their arse. Also i find it wierd that i will be a year older than some of you! HA HA HA!!! :biggrin:

I had a gap year too and you'll be surprised how many other people did. So you wont be a year older than that many people. Also, it's just a year, it's not really a significant age gap i don't think.
Reply 29
That last post, especially the last sentence, was meant to be taken with a hint of sarcasm. :wink:
Reply 30
I applied to Whitworth Park, one of the Grosvenor Group (can't remember which: might have been Grosvenor St. Building) and then Oak House. I don't know which one has been allocated to me; I haven't heard from them yet :frown: .
I'm in at Allen Hall
hi, off to canterbury court on the 19th. think its the smallest hall out of the lot but looks ok.
Reply 33
hey! another cant cour person! :biggrin:
what course will you be taking?
I was crazy enough to pick maths. You have any ideas on what i should be bringing with me?

Latest

Trending

Trending