Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vote Remain and do 2 fingers to UK Fisherman. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/680...-EU-referendum

Well that is exactly what Bob Geldof did to the UK Fishing Industry. He decided to get on a Big Boat with lots of Remain campaigners and yell obscenities at Nigel Farage and UK Fisherman.

Bob Geldof then decided to pull some minor facts out of his hat.

One thing he didn't include though is that the EU actually pays Fisherman to destroy their boats.

He also didn't dare mention that Grimsby has lost almost 99% of its Fishing Fleet.

Can't mention these Facts can we.

BUT WHO CARES!
    its Bob Geldof and he is a trendy hipster and if you vote leave your just a non cool square xenophobe etc.
    But to be brutally honest I don't care about labelling myself as a xenophobe or a racist. A lot of my ancestors worked on Grimsby & Liverpool Docks. It is in-grained into my families culture and most of that has been wiped out due to the EU.
    It almost feels like the EU have ethnically cleansed my family from their roots.

So I will vote leave on the 23rd because if I don't I will be literally destroying not just the remnants of being British but the spirit of my whole identity.

I will not torment my ancestors in their graves. I will do the right thing.

I will be courageous.

I will be brave.

I will seek the best for future generations of my people.

I hope you guys n gals do the same.

VOTE LEAVE to preserve what we have left.

And tell Bob Geldof to sod off!

ReputationRep:
    What do you do when life gives you Peaches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaronK)
    What do you do when life gives you Peaches?
    Your post is too intelligent for my intellect.
    Please explain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Your post is too intelligent for my intellect.
    Please explain
    Peaches Geldof. Don't want to overdose on a joke though so I will just leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    personally i couldnt care less about your roots

i will vote remain

ReputationRep:
    This is silly. The fishing industry is dead. It was going to die regardless of our EU membership, because there are more and more people eating more and more fish, and there aren't enough fish in the water. The fishing industry isn't sustainable anymore due to low populations, due to overfishing. The EU enforces quotas to allow fish stocks to rise, so it will become viable again at some point. Meanwhile the little Englanders are demanding that we do away with quotas and fish them all into extinction - very short term profit, long term environmental damage and the permanent end of the fishing industry.

We need the EU to protect us from people that would destroy ecosystems to make some quick £££.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. The same amount of fish are being taken by foreigners, as were by the british fishermen, but the EU gave away our fishing grounds to belgium, france, and others.

We now spend tens of millions importing out fish from places like norway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.