Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, met this girl for a while last year. Didn't work out. Rekindled in March but said we couldn't have anything until exams are over. Admittedly I felt I was being kind of needy, not to a stalking level but would tend to put more focus on her than my exams. However I feel like she did lead me on as we met yo during this time perid and we kissed implying feelings. I asked to meet a few times and she said no. I basically said what's going on and she said I don't want anything serious. Told her that she had strung me along and that we needed distance. It was both our fault so I text her saying that things got blown out of proportion and that a friendship suited well. She then said she was annoyed at how things were left and that she doesn't want to lose yeh friendship. I can tell she being sincere and agreed to meet her this Wednesday to talk about it. Is this the right thing to do?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah, I'd say meeting her to talk things through seems like a good option. Definitely would advise against having a relationship with her though, no matter what she says. But otherwise you've made a good decision.

(Original post by Mattinfenwa)
    Well yeah, I'd say meeting her to talk things through seems like a good option. Definitely would advise against having a relationship with her though, no matter what she says. But otherwise you've made a good decision.
    Yeah I don't want a relationship! I can tell she cares. Going to just be honest and tell her then we can just move on and get on with our lives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah I don't want a relationship! I can tell she cares. Going to just be honest and tell her then we can just move on and get on with our lives
    Seems like the reasonable thing to do, good luck.

(Original post by Mattinfenwa)
    Seems like the reasonable thing to do, good luck.
    Thanks man. Ya don't think it makes me look weak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks man. Ya don't think it makes me look weak?
    Not at all. Quite the opposite imo.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.