Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there.

    I've just completed a year of Uni, I've passed the year, but I've decided that the course isn't for me, after consulting with my lecturers, they've said I can start a new degree in September at the Uni.

    Will I have to apply through UCAS again? Or seen as I'm already with the Uni, should they simply do it directly/internally? I only ask on here as the person who I need to sort this with is currently away.

    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    I believe that it is possible at most universities to change degrees internally without having to make a new UCAS application if you have the permission of the relevant tutor/head of department, but there's no way to know for sure until you ask them. Is the degree you want to transfer into similar to your current one, or is it a totally different subject?
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.