Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Orange is the New Black Season 4 [Spoilers] Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello :cookie:

This thread is to discuss season 4 of OTNB since I don't see any around... and I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches it!

I just finished watching Season 4 of OTNB and OMG :dance: I absolutely loved it. I got teary on at least 3 episodes. The finale was actually beautiful and I am really pissed off that I have to wait an entire year to see the next season. Guess that's what happens when you binge watch a series for 2 days :lol:

Spoiler Alert

Spoiler ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

Teary moments:
    • Watching Lolly get sent to Psych
    • Suzan's whole part 2 backstory and the fight
    • AND ofc Pousey's death :cry2:

Moments that made me warm inside;
    • Basically the whole of Pousey's and Soso's relationship made me extremely happy :cry2:
    • When Suzan got employer of the month
    • When Diaz's mother got out

Favourite moments:
    • The end of episode 3 when that woman says "We're gonna have to kill her" and then "Eminem - ***** please" starts playing. I found their whole construction of the murder really badass and I loved that old psychopathic woman :lol:
    • The ending of the finale, when Diaz has the gun and when we see Pousey looking out to the waters and into the camera smiling.

What were your teary, happy, favourite, worst moments etc? What did you hate and what did you love?

:hugs:

Okay time to actually sleep now and hopefully this thread isn't too dead :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    :moon:
    What does this graphic mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    What does this graphic mean?
    contemplating thinking looking out into the night sky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    x
    I saw this on reddit:
    what we saw this episode initially started out as a retelling of Poussey's arrest story (went to the club with friends, got her phone stolen). Probably in reality, after her phone got stolen, she ran into some cops and ended up getting arrested. Instead, what we saw was once Poussey's friends disappeared and she was alone, I think the story shifted into an afterlife scenario where she met all these diverse people and had all these experiences and insights as a reflection of her life. It makes sense to me because even though she's supposed trying to get to her friend's place, none of the pieces really fit. There's a constant dreamy, fantastical feeling to her adventure marked at the very end by her sense of contentment (and of course, also the 4th wall breaking look at the camera).

Her first line in the epi was "is this the bus to the underworld?"
    It's also why the writers had Boo slip in that allusion to the River Styx.

I wish, during the song at the end with Poussey, we heard the gunshot from Daya

ReputationRep:
    You just literally blew my mind o.o

ReputationRep:
    It was such a good series!! Maybe the best one yet? Idk! I was so sad they killed pousey as she was my favourite character the corruption makes my blood boil!! I just want a happy ending i wonder if daya will shoot... I think it could go either way D: guh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    You just literally blew my mind o.o
    aha pretty crazy stuff right
    can't wait for season 5!

ReputationRep:
    I was at the point where I felt uncomfortable because of the corruption in the place! Unbelievable. That guard made the inmates fight etc - really hope it's not a realistic portrayal...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.