Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does this guy seem interested or is he just here for fun? Watch

I've been speaking to this guy for roughly around about a year now and we've met up a few times within those months. We've gradually began speaking on a day to day basis and it's become normal now. He seems like a genuine guy and appears to show interest towards me by always complimenting me and hinting that we need to meet up more. He also said he enjoys my company and tells me that he misses me when we don't see each other regularly.
    Prior to us getting this close, when we spoke of relationships he always stated it wasn't what he was looking for at this time in his life. Also went further to say that he believes sometimes girls take things a lot more seriously in terms of a relationship than guys do especially early stages.
    Although I knew all this somehow throughout it all I managed to grow attached to him which I didn't initially plan knowing what I did about him ( I have previously been cheated on in the past so I'm rather careful about these things ) something which he knows, so I guess this makes it obvious as to why I'd be asking such a question (title).
    But when we're together I don't see the same guy who said those things, I randomly catch him staring at me followed by telling me I'm beautiful. Keeping in mind he is a little shy I was slightly surprised at this. He makes a huge effort to talk to me every day although I'm the one who tries to give him his space by telling him he doesn't have to feel obliged to do so. Ontop of this he has told his friends about me which I know for sure is true as we have a friend in common who informed me on this.
    I just wouldn't want it to be for something in the here and now but would someone make this much of an effort if it was just fun and games?!

He makes me feel so happy but I'm afraid of getting hurt again. Does this guy seem genuinely interested despite saying what he had said a few months earlier? Is it worth taking a chance or is it best to cut ties?

Any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    From what you've described, the only time you'll ever cut him off is when you feel he is no longer respecting you, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of that. Best thing to do is communicate your worries to him directly, but not in a way that would make him seem like he treading on egg shells every time he talks to you

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    From what you've described, the only time you'll ever cut him off is when you feel he is no longer respecting you, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of that. Best thing to do is communicate your worries to him directly, but not in a way that would make him seem like he treading on egg shells every time he talks to you
    But wouldn't that make me come off to strong? I wouldn't want to scare him off by making it look like I'm on a whole other page as we both haven't directly told each other we like one another.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.