Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I am in year 11 and it dawned on me that my mum wants me to look at universities starting this summer and next half term and christmas (I'm the third in my familyand shes very organised about it) now my parents are strict that looking at uni's is one of the first main things I have to do on my own. They put money towards it but I gotta go and look around (as with most) ad find out how to get there etc.

and so, I'm taking history, and I'm not sure about any uni's, I need to figure out which ones in summer, so any suggestions, for a history course would be appriated

ReputationRep:
    Go to http://www.ucas.com to find the courses (History in this case) you want. After that it will list all the uni's that offer a history course.

It's quite good that you start deciding on which uni to go too. The most important thing now is to choose the right A-levels, then have a rough idea on which uni you are going to. In year 12, you should reserach the history course detaily in the uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Okay, I am in year 11 and it dawned on me that my mum wants me to look at universities starting this summer and next half term and christmas (I'm the third in my familyand shes very organised about it) now my parents are strict that looking at uni's is one of the first main things I have to do on my own. They put money towards it but I gotta go and look around (as with most) ad find out how to get there etc.

and so, I'm taking history, and I'm not sure about any uni's, I need to figure out which ones in summer, so any suggestions, for a history course would be appriated
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html

http://www.aimhigher.ac.uk/en/home/index.cfm

Should be of use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)

God you're organised! I'm in year 12 and only just started thinking about unis. I suggest you look at league tables and order prospectuses (I got about 30!), look through them and see if you like the look of any

ReputationRep:
    kool, thanks so far, I was sure people would say it was too early, but if you think about it I have to visit them at the end of this year ad its july!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I suggest you look at league tables and order prospectuses (I got about 30!), look through them and see if you like the look of any
    The aimhigher website allows you to order prospectuses from all UK universities at once, you simply tick off the ones you want info on and the site sends on your details to each one at the same time - i got a good 20 this way with minimal effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    The aimhigher website allows you to order prospectuses from all UK universities at once, you simply tick off the ones you want info on and the site sends on your details to each one at the same time - i got a good 20 this way with minimal effort.
    Yeah same. But I found that I was often sent old ones. For some unis, I had to order them from their actual websites to get the new ones

ReputationRep:
    One time I ordered one and it never came.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.