The Student Room Group

Woke up to orange stained hand?

I think i'm turning into an orange. :frown:

I woke up to find strange orange/brown patches on the back of my hand and wrist. Initially i thought i must have somehow scratched myself and it was dried blood, except it doesn't wash off. I've not come into contact with any dyes, odd creams or food that stain. So I'm a little creeped out...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A321
I think i'm turning into an orange. :frown:

I woke up to find strange orange/brown patches on the back of my hand and wrist. Initially i thought i must have somehow scratched myself and it was dried blood, except it doesn't wash off. I've not come into contact with any dyes, odd creams or food that stain. So I'm a little creeped out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
pic of it?
Reply 3
Original post by Little Popcorns
pic of it?

Ok so heres a pic of my wrist. Sorry for the strange angle, its difficult hold a phone and take a pic with one hand lol. But yeah I dont have any other symptoms. I have it on my wrist and a bit lighter on my fingers and arm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looks like hena or however you spell it...
Reply 5
Original post by Little Popcorns
Looks like hena or however you spell it...

Lol exactly, it does. Except I never use henna! The colour and smell makes me uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by A321
Lol exactly, it does. Except I never use henna! The colour and smell makes me uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say see a doctor or pharmacist. Looks like sun spots or something so could be some sort of skin condition either benign or non. I'm sure it's nothing serious but it's certinally worth checking, especially if you don't think it's dye or anything like that.
At first I thought this was a troll thread, and was gonna make a comment about Trump.

But then you posted a pic, and it turns out it did happen. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 8
What was this? As I woke up this morning with the same marks on the palm of my hands.
Same! I get them under three of my nails. I’m so confused
Reply 10
Moisturise your hands & use SPF on them, lol. Very likely just sun spots / will fade if you’re young.
they say it's because of the djinne or djin ,they give you this mark using henna,you find it when you wake up in the morning looks and smells like henna,you need to do soul protection
(edited 5 years ago)
Did you find out what this was? I have the same!
In my culture we say that if you wake up with henna on either your hand or foot, it means that an angel is proud of you
Reply 14
I to had a problem like this, i recently woke up with rust like stains on my palm. I noticed that its actually mostly contained on the top of my skin and not under . It looked like some sort of red powder is stuck in the pores near the stains. Instead of water i tried to wash it pf with my saliva , and soon enough it faded away. What i think is the cause is if u sleep on that arm u may spill some saliva out of your mouth during sleep and during night that saliva oxidase to brown-redish colour you see in the morning . Something like that u can see in dogs mouth , the brown stains mostly seenable in the white dogs
I had marks on both my thumbs and index fingers I got them for 3 days and then they went. After a week I got them again today. Searched it up and apparently it’s Carotenosis.
Me too
That happened to me this morning! I woke up with my face on my palms and looked at them to see these orange/reddish stains on both palms. I thought I had bled from the nose but that was not the case. I attempted to wash it off, but to no avail. Did you ever find out what could have caused this?
Reply 18
I had the same thing... so creepy. I thought I had bled, but quickly realized it was not the case. Could it be an insect like cockroach or something disturbing me in the sleep, and that I chase away with my hand? I would hope if it were it would wake me up, but I can be a very heavy sleeper.So creepy.
Reply 19
I am having the exact same thing. 2nd time I woke up with this, it disappeared by bedtime even though I cant scrub it off? What can this be?

Latest