Watch
This discussion is closed.
A321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think i'm turning into an orange.

I woke up to find strange orange/brown patches on the back of my hand and wrist. Initially i thought i must have somehow scratched myself and it was dried blood, except it doesn't wash off. I've not come into contact with any dyes, odd creams or food that stain. So I'm a little creeped out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by A321)
I think i'm turning into an orange.

I woke up to find strange orange/brown patches on the back of my hand and wrist. Initially i thought i must have somehow scratched myself and it was dried blood, except it doesn't wash off. I've not come into contact with any dyes, odd creams or food that stain. So I'm a little creeped out...

Posted from TSR Mobile
pic of it?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
this might help ?

http://wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/orange-skin.htm
A321
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
pic of it?

Ok so heres a pic of my wrist. Sorry for the strange angle, its difficult hold a phone and take a pic with one hand lol. But yeah I dont have any other symptoms. I have it on my wrist and a bit lighter on my fingers and arm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Looks like hena or however you spell it...
Advertisement
A321
Rep:
?
(Original post by Little Popcorns)
Looks like hena or however you spell it...
Lol exactly, it does. Except I never use henna! The colour and smell makes me uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by A321)
Lol exactly, it does. Except I never use henna! The colour and smell makes me uncomfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say see a doctor or pharmacist. Looks like sun spots or something so could be some sort of skin condition either benign or non. I'm sure it's nothing serious but it's certinally worth checking, especially if you don't think it's dye or anything like that.
Advertisement
flyingpanda
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At first I thought this was a troll thread, and was gonna make a comment about Trump.

But then you posted a pic, and it turns out it did happen.

Spoiler:
Show
Hope it's nothing too serious OP! Like other commenters, I thought at first it looked like mehndi/ henna, but it would be good to see a doctor and get it checked out.
Chappie5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was this? As I woke up this morning with the same marks on the palm of my hands.
Advertisement
username2396433
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I get those too sometimes. They don't hurt, they don't do anything, they're just there. And then they go away, eventually.
Might be that it comes from the pollen from plants, such as lillies. They stain everything! Can you remember coming into contact with any plants/flowers recently? That's what it is for me every time.
Other than that, I'd say just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse in some way, go see your doctor :-)
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Same! I get them under three of my nails. I’m so confused
Advertisement
jkdw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moisturise your hands & use SPF on them, lol. Very likely just sun spots / will fade if you’re young.
lalalandpretty
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
they say it's because of the djinne or djin ,they give you this mark using henna,you find it when you wake up in the morning looks and smells like henna,you need to do soul protection
Advertisement
MissSJT87
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you find out what this was? I have the same!
babybaekho
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In my culture we say that if you wake up with henna on either your hand or foot, it means that an angel is proud of you
JaHappy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I to had a problem like this, i recently woke up with rust like stains on my palm. I noticed that its actually mostly contained on the top of my skin and not under . It looked like some sort of red powder is stuck in the pores near the stains. Instead of water i tried to wash it pf with my saliva , and soon enough it faded away. What i think is the cause is if u sleep on that arm u may spill some saliva out of your mouth during sleep and during night that saliva oxidase to brown-redish colour you see in the morning . Something like that u can see in dogs mouth , the brown stains mostly seenable in the white dogs
Miss2002!!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had marks on both my thumbs and index fingers I got them for 3 days and then they went. After a week I got them again today. Searched it up and apparently it’s Carotenosis.
Advertisement
Mantinis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too
tellzthegrey
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That happened to me this morning! I woke up with my face on my palms and looked at them to see these orange/reddish stains on both palms. I thought I had bled from the nose but that was not the case. I attempted to wash it off, but to no avail. Did you ever find out what could have caused this?
Idemia
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I had the same thing... so creepy. I thought I had bled, but quickly realized it was not the case. Could it be an insect like cockroach or something disturbing me in the sleep, and that I chase away with my hand? I would hope if it were it would wake me up, but I can be a very heavy sleeper.So creepy.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (443)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.05%
Loneliness (259)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.42%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.44%

Watched Threads