Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my driving test on Wednesday and although I know I can drive and I feel pretty confident, my nerves are getting the better of me and I'm starting to doubt myself. I'm perfectly fine once I'm in the car and driving but its the whole anticipation beforehand that gets to me!

Have those of you who've been in my situation got any tips or advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daintydaisy)
    I have my driving test on Wednesday and although I know I can drive and I feel pretty confident, my nerves are getting the better of me and I'm starting to doubt myself. I'm perfectly fine once I'm in the car and driving but its the whole anticipation beforehand that gets to me!

Hey, I have my test soon too! (7th Jul)

The only advice I can give is stay calm - if you say you're OK when you're in the car, then you probably will be. Concentrate, and remember the examiner isn't trying to catch you out and wants you to pass.

And remember - MIRRORS. Observations are so important and my instructor always bangs on about it lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daintydaisy)

I hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Good luck to you!

Yeah, I'm not very good at staying calm but I think the worrying beforehand is always worse than when you're actually in the car! I have a lesson tomorrow and an hour before my exam so hopefully I should be feeling more at ease by then lol

Yes! I'm always paranoid about my mirrors because of the amount of minors people seem to get so I check them religiously haha

(Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Thank you!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.