Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my nxt door neighbour is applying for medicine this year and on the UCAS form shes putting 4 places for medicine, and is wondering if she culd use the other two for nursing, because she really wants to care for people. She probably will get the entrance requirments for med but she wants to know will her application be taken seriously if she puts down nursing. Does that make sense?
    i said i'm sure it would but i just had to check

x c x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairestar87)
    my nxt door neighbour is applying for medicine this year and on the UCAS form shes putting 4 places for medicine, and is wondering if she culd use the other two for nursing, because she really wants to care for people. She probably will get the entrance requirments for med but she wants to know will her application be taken seriously if she puts down nursing. Does that make sense?
    i said i'm sure it would but i just had to check

x c x
    yup!
    the universities can't see where else you've applied to! u can use the other 2 options for anything!

ReputationRep:
    I thought you applied for nursing through a different form similar to UCAS but specifically for nursing, thjough I'm probably wrong! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisx)
    I thought you applied for nursing through a different form similar to UCAS but specifically for nursing, thjough I'm probably wrong! xxx
    i have no idea...u may be right...
    but i do know that the unis can't see where else u've applied to
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    For diploma nursing courses you apply through NMAS, for degree nursing courses (which if you're likely to get the grades for med you should be applying for - diploma courses accpet with GCSEs only) you apply through UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    As long as she keeps her personal statement orientated on medicine, she should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    People get mislead into thinking courses cannot see other courses you have applied to - well they can't ASSUMING that they are at different universities. If you really wanted to go to say manchester university and put all the courses you wanted to do at that particular uni, every course would see every other course you applied to.
    I applied to two courses at Edinburgh and in my interveiw i got asked exactly what the other course was as they can only see the short form of the degree and it's code.
    So if she applied to nursing at a same university she has applied to for med, it will be seen and the problem with applications of nursing being seen next to applications to medicine is that being a doctor although i caring profession is not caring in the same way that nursing is, you would never find a doctor giving somebody a bath, washing their hair or feeding them. They are very different vocations and i have heard of at interveiws being asked if they want to care for people, why arent they doing nursing instead of medicine?

ReputationRep:
    thanks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.