Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently submitted my form for student finance for teacher training starting in September.

I am 28 and still live with my mum, I didn't need to give evidence for my mums income, they just asked questions about my own income.

Is this correct? I won't have any income next year due to the full time course so I have asked for the maximum maintenance loan available.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it sure is

ReputationRep:
    That's right. As you're over 25, you're assessed on your own income regardless of whether you still live with a parent. If you are going into a full-time course, SF assume that you will have zero income and you will be entitled to the maximum income-related Maintenance Loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    That's right. As you're over 25, you're assessed on your own income regardless of whether you still live with a parent. If you are going into a full-time course, SF assume that you will have zero income and you will be entitled to the maximum income-related Maintenance Loan.
    This has helped me very much thank you.

I am 23 but have worked for over 3 years full time and so supported myself, therefore will most likely classed as an independent student.

I have earned around 16-17k a year during this period which went on rent etc and have no savings. Of course I will have 0 income when I start my full time degree so will need the full loan in order to do so.

Its reassuring that they pay the full amount if you are full-time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.