The Student Room Group

One way streets

You become aware that you are driving the wrong way down a one-way road. The DVLA says you should continue to the end of the road rather than turn off and turn round in a side street which presumably is 2 way.

Does anyone know why they choose this answer?

After all, extension of your time going the wrong way down a one way road would unnecessarily increase the risk of an accident.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Source? Doesn't sound like good advice at all.
Reply 2
That advice doesn't make any sense, some one-way roads don't have an end (gyratories) so you have to turn off (or perform a U-turn, but that definitely wouldn't be sensible).
Reply 3
The only official advice I can recall that bears any remote resemblance to this is where you have missed an exit on the motorway. You should not attempt to turn around or reverse towards your missed exit, instead you should continue forwards until the next exit.

Was this what you read?
Original post by NX172
Source? Doesn't sound like good advice at all.

The source is DVLA which is a government department, hence the schitt advice.
Reply 5
This question is on the CD ‘The Official DVSA Theory Test for Car Drivers’:
>You take the wrong route and find you're on a one-way street. You should

A. reverse out of the road
B. turn round in a side road
C. continue to the end of the road
D. reverse into a driveway <

I misinterpreted the question to mean that the driver was going the wrong way down the one-way street and I’m not the 1st person to do that.

Sorry to waste your time but at least my mistake illustrates the danger of not maintaining your concentration whilst doing Theory and Hazard Perception off-road tests.

I think they should edit this question to prevent this happening by saying >>>You take the wrong route and find you're going on a one-way street in the permitted direction.<<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending