The Student Room Group

Teeth done from special clinics?

Ive saved up and now Ive got a load of cash, which I want to spend all.
I want to spend it on something huge, and I was thinking of either getting laser eye surgery or my teeth whitened and straightened.
Ive decided to get my teeth done from those special clinics, where they make it perfect. But I dont know where to start?

What do I do and how do I search for one?
I dont know what to look for in the yellow pages or on the internet?
Does anyone know?

Le gra BlueAngel :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You mean an orthodontist for straightening teeth?
G4ry
You mean an orthodontist for straightening teeth?

No I meant a private place, without using any braces. Like some celebrities get done. Tom Cruise got his done for about £1500, and Im willing to spend that much.
BlueAngel
I want to spend it on something huge, and I was thinking of either getting my teeth whitened

How much does this cost? This is the in thing at the mo. I'm interested in it but my teeth aint that bad. My dentist says that they are the natural colour but i wanted the hollywood style, but im not sure as it does look fake. :rolleyes:
Reply 4
BlueAngel
Tom Cruise got his done for about £1500, and Im willing to spend that much.

erm...Tom Cruise had a brace.
Reply 5
I think that the procedure is much more expensive than £1500 ...
Reply 6
BlueAngel
£1500, and Im willing to spend that much.

Why? :confused:
Cate
Why? :confused:

I did have braces for 4 years, but even then some of my teeth are crooked. Also theyre not white, but creamy and I want them white. Ive tried white toothpaste and pearl drops. Never worked. I just wnat them to be perfect, so when I smile its nice and white and my teeth are evn sized.
Reply 8
Whew I finally got rid of my retainer today, and got two "bridges" with false teeth on (I have two missing adult teeth), and they look really real and straight and amazing. Then, when I'm twenty one, I'll get implants. To implant a single false tooth is about £2000, so to implant two is going to be £4000, so hopefully I can get it done on the NHS! So I reckon the straightening procedure will probably be a bit more that £1500, but it will look really cool once you've got it done.
glance
Whew I finally got rid of my retainer today, and got two "bridges" with false teeth on (I have two missing adult teeth), and they look really real and straight and amazing. Then, when I'm twenty one, I'll get implants. To implant a single false tooth is about £2000, so to implant two is going to be £4000, so hopefully I can get it done on the NHS! So I reckon the straightening procedure will probably be a bit more that £1500, but it will look really cool once you've got it done.

where can I get thos done? Whats the name of it?
Reply 10
BlueAngel
where can I get thos done? Whats the name of it?

If you live near London (I don't know if you do or don't), you could go to the Eastman Dental Clinic.
a friend of the family went all out and had all her own teath taken out and had a dead persons put in.

my dentist did that.

didnt think you needed to go to a special dentist place as most are now private.

love Katy ***
Whats_The_411?
How much does this cost? This is the in thing at the mo. I'm interested in it but my teeth aint that bad. My dentist says that they are the natural colour but i wanted the hollywood style, but im not sure as it does look fake. :rolleyes:

Did you see that episode of Friemds where Ross had his teeth whitened? They glowed in blacklights lol
I live in Manchester, so should I just ask my dentist or go to a private one?
Reply 14
ickle_katy
a friend of the family went all out and had all her own teath taken out and had a dead persons put in.

my dentist did that.

:eek: That is just disgusting.
Reply 15
I hate the dentist, I would love to pay £5000 and have everything fixed under a general anaspetic (actually no, I've had enough of them to last me a life time!) but you know what I mean.
amazingtrade
I hate the dentist, I would love to pay £5000 and have everything fixed under a general anaspetic (actually no, I've had enough of them to last me a life time!) but you know what I mean.

general anaspetic - whats dat?
BlueAngel
Ive saved up and now Ive got a load of cash, which I want to spend all.
I want to spend it on something huge, and I was thinking of either getting laser eye surgery or my teeth whitened and straightened.
Ive decided to get my teeth done from those special clinics, where they make it perfect. But I dont know where to start?

What do I do and how do I search for one?
I dont know what to look for in the yellow pages or on the internet?
Does anyone know?

Le gra BlueAngel :smile:

I think you need to sort your priorities out.
you can get your teeth whitened for much less than that at a dentist's. save the money for something worthwhile. How old are you? laser eye surgery when you are fairly young (even 18 etc) is not that great an idea, because your sight is usually still changing, even if slower than when you were younger.
Ralfskini
I think you need to sort your priorities out.

why do you say dat?

Latest

Trending

Trending