Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    you can get your teeth whitened for much less than that at a dentist's. save the money for something worthwhile. How old are you? laser eye surgery when you are fairly young (even 18 etc) is not that great an idea, because your sight is usually still changing, even if slower than when you were younger.

im 18 yeah, but Im not gonna get laser eye surgery done. If I can get this done form the dentist, thhn thats great, my dentist is an annoying *******, he hates me cos I used to break my train tracks everytime, when I used to have braces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    Did you see that episode of Friemds where Ross had his teeth whitened? They glowed in blacklights lol
    Yeah i did. It was so funny

(Original post by BlueAngel)
    im 18 yeah, but Im not gonna get laser eye surgery done. If I can get this done form the dentist, thhn thats great, my dentist is an annoying *******, he hates me cos I used to break my train tracks everytime, when I used to have braces.
    you *can* change dentist although easier said than done on the NHS.

Have you already tried making lifestyle changes - giving up smoking, less tea/coffee, good oral hygiene routine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    you *can* change dentist although easier said than done on the NHS.

Have you already tried making lifestyle changes - giving up smoking, less tea/coffee, good oral hygiene routine?

Never smoked, dont drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth once a day, sometimes twice. I do lack calcium though, so maybe thats why theyre not dat straight or white. Ive been taking calcium tablets for 7 yaers.

Never smoked, dont drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth once a day, sometimes twice. I do lack calcium though, so maybe thats why theyre not dat straight or white. Ive been taking calcium tablets for 7 yaers.
    Why? Just drink milk.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Why? Just drink milk.....

hate the stuff

ReputationRep:
    hate the stuff
    I'll do yours for free, in a few years

erm, well, try brushing your teeth AT LEAST twice a day after meals. Once is not really enough, and after every meal is better.

Quite a bit cheaper & less painful than teeth whitening or surgery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    I'll do yours for free, in a few years

cool!!! I will be waiting.

ReputationRep:
    cool!!! I will be waiting.
    Daz's Dental Practice

ReputationRep:
    Daz's Dental Practice

I will look out for it, in the yellow pages.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully it'll be so good that it will be advertised on TV

* wishes *

ReputationRep:
    hopefully it'll be so good that it will be advertised on TV

* wishes *
    As anyone who's seen the ads in the middle of Countdown knows, you don't have to be good to be advertised on TV.

ReputationRep:
    you can get the plaque removed and them polished at your ordinary dentist, I have a similar problem and brush them at least 5 times a day, chewing chewy also helps

ReputationRep:
    I've just been to the dentist this week n had a long chat with him about this kind of stuff. If you want your teeth whitening, and want a longer lasting effect, best doing it through your dentist. Costs around £350, but it isn't permanent, you do need to go back for top ups. Otherwise Boots do a kit for around £100 thats supposed to be alright.
    As for wanting dental surgery, dentists don't like to perform surgery on healthy young teeth so often advise well against it. Aside from that, this kind of procedure for cosmetic reasons doesn't come on the NHS, so you'd have to go privately. Best to get a referral from your dentist to do that, I certainly wouldn't trust anyone with my teeth that I saw advertised in the back of a magazine (maybe thats just me!) For that you have to pay for your consultation, then your x-rays, any moulds they take, and then the procedure itself. To create the illusion of straighter teeth they often use crowns (where they drill your teeth right off till there's only the root left then put a porcelain 'tooth' in its place), or veneers. Again, these aren't permanent and they will have to be replaced after a few years (or less if you smoke, drink tea/coffee/red wine etc.)
    Anyway, just thought I'd say what i know!

x

ReputationRep:
    Ive saved up and now Ive got a load of cash, which I want to spend all.
    I want to spend it on something huge, and I was thinking of either getting laser eye surgery or my teeth whitened and straightened.
    Ive decided to get my teeth done from those special clinics, where they make it perfect. But I dont know where to start?

What do I do and how do I search for one?
    I dont know what to look for in the yellow pages or on the internet?
    Does anyone know?

Le gra BlueAngel
    good call, seen as you can't get laser eye surgery until you're like 25. Can't you just get your teeth done on the NHS? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Around a year ago I had a lingual appliance fitted in Paris; we couldn't find anywhere in England that did them. They're fitted behind the teeth and so are pretty much invisible. Expect to pay quite a bit more than £1500 though.

If you're interested, search google for Lingual Orthodontics.

(Original post by amex)
    Around a year ago I had a lingual appliance fitted in Paris; we couldn't find anywhere in England that did them. They're fitted behind the teeth and so are pretty much invisible. Expect to pay quite a bit more than £1500 though.

If you're interested, search google for Lingual Orthodontics.
    why did you bother going all that way to get it fitted? are you a model or something?

by the way.. do you really have nothing better to spend this money on ? are you not going to uni or anything?

unless your mouth makes you look like an absolute caveman, save or invest the money - you will thank me in a few years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    why did you bother going all that way to get it fitted? are you a model or something?
    Paris isn't exactly far away ....
    I just wanted perfectly aligned teeth without butt ugly strips of metal across my mouth (even if they are enamel coloured).

Having said that, crooked teeth aren't that bad.... Beckham has crooked teeth, yet he's supposed to be amongst the best looking men in the world

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.