The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MamzZass
Nice, the only game I'm watching this season is the brooklyn-grizzlies game just before all-star break in Brooklyn.

Is 2k17 worth it? I've got 2k16 and I wasn't sure whether to get it or not.

I'm gonna try get tickets to the NBA London game if I can, hoping all the best seats don't sell out immediately cause I need to wait for next pay day :frown:

Not sure yet man haha, not started playing. The Prelude was fun though - download that if you haven't already. It's free and kinda like a demo of the game where you start your myplayer career, and can continue it when you get the full game.
Original post by blackened_sky
Think the KD post actually would have been his idea, he genuinely is super interested in the Bay area and is really embracing the place already.

Absolutely buzzing for the season now. Picked up 2K17 today for me and my mate, have work at 7 Wednesday morning so I think I'm gonna sleep early evening tomorrow then wake up ready for that ~1am-6am opening night :tongue:

Also jetting off to Orlando in a week and we've got tickets to 4 of the Magic games (Kings, Wizards, Timberwolves and Jazz). Great seats too, only 4 rows back. Gonna be great, but just that little bit more excited for the Timberwolves game, gonna try get a pic/autograph with my boy KAT.

Niceee, try and get one with Wall and Beal too!
Well we've finally made it through off season. Tonight the season openers tip off. Don't think I'll be able to catch any of the games, least of all Dubs who start at 3:30am =_=

Knicks @ Cavs
Jazz @ Trail Blazers
Spurs @ Warriors

In each case I'm picking the home team.
Reply 1003
I'm gonna be so ****ed for sleep. I think I might just pull off an all nighter and go to work afterwards so I can watch nba.

Anyway see Spurs getting bodied tomorrow morning.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I'm gonna be so ****ed for sleep. I think I might just pull off an all nighter and go to work afterwards so I can watch nba.

Anyway see Spurs getting bodied tomorrow morning.

Original post by MrDystopia
Well we've finally made it through off season. Tonight the season openers tip off. Don't think I'll be able to catch any of the games, least of all Dubs who start at 3:30am =_=

Knicks @ Cavs
Jazz @ Trail Blazers
Spurs @ Warriors

In each case I'm picking the home team.

Sooo hyped, going to have like 10 people in the room so I should be okay but yeah Wednesday is going to be tough to get through lol :rofl: LET'S GO KNICKS!
Luckily for me, staying up for NFL games has essentially prepared for me for staying up this season.

It's a hard life being an OKC and a Giants fan...
Lmfao take this L KD, Kawhi you beast
3:30am Lakers game.

FML -_-
:tongue: go Lakers
Well that was an eventful opening night! The warriors lost lol, they suck and wont make the finals.
Well that was an eventful opening night! The warriors lost lol, they suck and wont make the finals.

:rofl: Dude I heard their bench got absolutely wrecked by the Spurs depth. GS aren't going anywhere this season if they don't sort it out. Hopefully they don't :colone: I was so pleased to wake up to that news.

Unfortunately Knicks had the same problem... :colonhash: LeBron and Kyrie were also firing on all cylinders, there was a period where he and Kyrie were just alternating between crazy power dunks and stepback jumpers. It was pretty awesome to watch.

Knicks positives;

Noah's defense was really solid, he's looking very good
Rose was aggressive and getting to the rim very comfortably, Kyrie couldn't really stop him but he was struggling to get his layups to fall.

Negatives;

Too much ISO ball from Melo, needs to stop
No effort on D from Rose. (No pun intended)
Lack of presence from Noah on the offensive end
Poor effort from bench from what I saw too.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
:rofl: Dude I heard their bench got absolutely wrecked by the Spurs depth. GS aren't going anywhere this season if they don't sort it out. Hopefully they don't :colone: I was so pleased to wake up to that news.

Unfortunately Knicks had the same problem... :colonhash: LeBron and Kyrie were also firing on all cylinders, there was a period where he and Kyrie were just alternating between crazy power dunks and stepback jumpers. It was pretty awesome to watch.

Knicks positives;

Noah's defense was really solid, he's looking very good
Rose was aggressive and getting to the rim very comfortably, Kyrie couldn't really stop him but he was struggling to get his layups to fall.

Negatives;

Too much ISO ball from Melo, needs to stop
No effort on D from Rose. (No pun intended)
Lack of presence from Noah on the offensive end
Poor effort from bench from what I saw too.

I was watching the golden state and basically the only reason they lost was the bench and effort.

I forgot the stats but the golden state starters were better than the SA starters but SA's bench essentially blew out golden states bench hence they won.
I think golden states bench only scored in the teens whereas SA's scored on the fifties.
It'll be interesting to see how Kerr fixes this but everyone needs to chill with the hot takes.

Let's be real, they're not going blow everyone out. its a new team with a huge new piece to fit but remember the heat started 9-8 and look what happened to them
I was watching the golden state and basically the only reason they lost was the bench and effort.

I forgot the stats but the golden state starters were better than the SA starters but SA's bench essentially blew out golden states bench hence they won.
I think golden states bench only scored in the teens whereas SA's scored on the fifties.
It'll be interesting to see how Kerr fixes this but everyone needs to chill with the hot takes.

Let's be real, they're not going blow everyone out. its a new team with a huge new piece to fit but remember the heat started 9-8 and look what happened to them

Yeah I hope GS sacrificing their amazing depth for Durant really bites them in the ass but as you've said the Heat didn't start off amazing. Although I'd argue they were a more physical team with a physically prime LeBron so it's somewhat apples and oranges.
Hawks have got a nice lookin team this year imo, bar Howard who I hate.

Watchin the Cavs this year is gonna be unreal, Lebron wants that MVP. Reckon Kawhi is a big favourite though.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Hawks have got a nice lookin team this year imo, bar Howard who I hate.

Watchin the Cavs this year is gonna be unreal, Lebron wants that MVP. Reckon Kawhi is a big favourite though.

Kawhi is looking sooooooo good, I think he'll get it unless LeBron can average a triple double which is definitely a possibility.

Your sig is still the best basketball gif of all time :rofl:
Reply 1015
Westbrook without durant has got to be a big mvp candidate.
What do you all think of Joel Embiid's game today?

20 points (6-16 FG, 1-3 3Pt, 7-8 FT), seven rebounds and two blocks across 22 minutes

Insane stats for a rookie, I think he has a legit chance of being rookie of the year if he keeps this up!
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Westbrook without durant has got to be a big mvp candidate.

There's so much quality this season it seems like Harden will also be up there. Ultimately though it'll come down to Kawhi and LeBron, I kind of want it to be Kawhi if he can keep playing this way it's such an elite level. Crazy he still isn't considered one of the faces of the NBA.
Original post by wolfmoon88

20 points (6-16 FG, 1-3 3Pt, 7-8 FT), seven rebounds and two blocks across 22 minutes

Insane stats for a rookie, I think he has a legit chance of being rookie of the year if he keeps this up!

Man the Thunder coach said he plays like Hakeem :colonhash: AFTER ONE GAME! I mean I can see it but still don't be making comparisons to the best centre ever like that :colonhash:
Original post by wolfmoon88

Yeah, he was immense in preseason, sad that injuries have held him back.

Quick Reply

Latest