The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Noah is looking really good tonight, like his old self. Even better D and even has 6 assists!
I was starting to think that KAT was better then AD...man I bought into the hype. AD is legit, hes been looking unstoppable so far
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1022
Nobody talking about Westbrooks 51 points then?

Guys probably going to drop 80 on GSW. Very very peak for OKC if Russell gets injured.
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Nobody talking about Westbrooks 51 points then?

Guys probably going to drop 80 on GSW. Very very peak for OKC if Russell gets injured.

Because we all expected him to be op

Posted from TSR Mobile
long time.

yesterday,the knicks won against the bulls.
the Lakers have ko'd the warriors. they're always whooping GSW ass.
the NBA looks different this year.

Westbrook might be MVP at the end of the season.
Damn the Magic were fun to watch, frustrating as hell though. First 2 games were great wins, then the Timberwolves destroyed them- watching KAT and Lavine was brilliant though. 4th game could have so easily won, crowd and team were pumped at the end of the 3rd and then the 4th was calamitous which was a shame.

Now gutted I won't get to see an NBA game for a long time no doubt. NBA London tickets were impossible to get.
I like how BT sport only show 3:30am games during the weekdays. 🙄 If they're only going to show one game, why not just show an earlier one? Maybe they'd get more viewers :indiff:
On a happier note, Lakers are doing well, nice to see us beat GSW :lol:
Original post by blackened_sky
Damn the Magic were fun to watch, frustrating as hell though. First 2 games were great wins, then the Timberwolves destroyed them- watching KAT and Lavine was brilliant though. 4th game could have so easily won, crowd and team were pumped at the end of the 3rd and then the 4th was calamitous which was a shame.

Now gutted I won't get to see an NBA game for a long time no doubt. NBA London tickets were impossible to get.

London is Pacers v Nuggets right? Decent match up these days tbh although the Pacers have been by far the most disappointing team by far.
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
London is Pacers v Nuggets right? Decent match up these days tbh although the Pacers have been by far the most disappointing team by far.

Yeah, could be the 2 worst teams in the league and I'd still wanna go though. I'd consider some nosebleed resale seats if they were at least a side-on view. Can't find any in that price range - they're all bang behind the basket.
warriors seem of to a rather shaky start when compared to their form last season.

I don't see them setting any records this year.

I was expecting improvement with Durant etc but guess not.

Cavaliers gonna dominate this year I think. Which I dislike because I don't want Jordans Legacy undone so soon. I was a mad fan as a child. before I could have argued that he did not have the competition Jordan did but with the Warriors and a few others that is a hard case to to continue to make. If he can get past 70 he really will be threatening Jordans throne.

Last year I wanted to see the warriors fail because i feared they threatened the bulls legacy but I guess the real threat is Lebron hes going to take Jordans throne. :frown:
11-2 is damn good for a shaky start.

Don't think anyone expected anymore records this year, they don't want them. And of course they're gonna take time to gel with such a turnaround in the roster. Offensively there's already improvement, and they're getting better on defense with every game.
11-2 is damn good for a shaky start.

Don't think anyone expected anymore records this year, they don't want them. And of course they're gonna take time to gel with such a turnaround in the roster. Offensively there's already improvement, and they're getting better on defense with every game.

Agreed the Warriors are doing good things this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke7456
warriors seem of to a rather shaky start when compared to their form last season.

I don't see them setting any records this year.

I was expecting improvement with Durant etc but guess not.

Cavaliers gonna dominate this year I think. Which I dislike because I don't want Jordans Legacy undone so soon. I was a mad fan as a child. before I could have argued that he did not have the competition Jordan did but with the Warriors and a few others that is a hard case to to continue to make. If he can get past 70 he really will be threatening Jordans throne.

Last year I wanted to see the warriors fail because i feared they threatened the bulls legacy but I guess the real threat is Lebron hes going to take Jordans throne. :frown:

I'm probably the biggest LeBron fan here but he won't be the GOAT, 3rd or 2nd next to Magic will be about right.

[video="youtube;TrgnZtGmxEk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrgnZtGmxEk[/video]
I'm probably the biggest LeBron fan here but he won't be the GOAT, 3rd or 2nd next to Magic will be about right.

[video="youtube;TrgnZtGmxEk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrgnZtGmxEk[/video]

I hope your right I mean I practically worshiped MJ I know he can't hold the throne forever but I was hoping to be in my 70s or later before I saw him dethroned. Mind you I am high functioning autistic so meant to be dead by 59. Although a large part of that lower life expectancy is due to suicide. Which I am not currently planning on so meh.
Good comeback by okc tonight down 10 with 3 minutes to go win it in OT Westbrook is a good player.
Personally think Westbrook's numbers this season are being super overhyped. His 51 point game for example, everyone on social media going mad over it but 51 points on 44 attempts is garbage ffs. He ain't winning MVP either, Thunder are too poor.
Personally think Westbrook's numbers this season are being super overhyped. His 51 point game for example, everyone on social media going mad over it but 51 points on 44 attempts is garbage ffs. He ain't winning MVP either, Thunder are too poor.

I like Harden way more. I'd actually have KD as the favourite if he wasn't so hated right now. I think LeBron takes home his 5th as it stands. But don't sleep on Blake.

I think everyone just wants Westbrook to get MVP because he's more liked atmo. Especially after KD left Thunders. He's still one of my fav players though.

I like Harden way more. I'd actually have KD as the favourite if he wasn't so hated right now. I think LeBron takes home his 5th as it stands. But don't sleep on Blake.

Not been able to watch Harden much apart from one game. He was so good in that one game. Surprised he isn't as talked about as the others (like Westbrook).
Original post by Lord Samosa
I think everyone just wants Westbrook to get MVP because he's more liked atmo. Especially after KD left Thunders. He's still one of my fav players though.

Not been able to watch Harden much apart from one game. He was so good in that one game. Surprised he isn't as talked about as the others (like Westbrook).

True, I half see it as people thinking it would be some sort of '**** you' to KD.

Harden gets **** on for his defence non-stop, but Russ' hardly gets a mention when he's just as lazy and a turnover machine. For me, their defence and seeding will stop either of them getting it.

Right now, in my of course totally unbiased opinion, I think KD might actually get it.

Quick Reply

Latest