The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Oh man moves moves moves. Waiting for KD to Warriors :tongue:
Reply 101
KD to Miami would be nice. Give LeBron an actual challenge in the Eastern Conference lmao.
Original post by eden3
KD to Miami would be nice. Give LeBron an actual challenge in the Eastern Conference lmao.

Bruh if KD went to Miami... Holy ****. Would immediately get his jersey to go along with my Mourning, Wade, Beasley, James, and Wade again jersey. :coma:
Dwight interested in heading to Knicks, fascinating! Might be a dark horse for next year.
East is becoming the beasts :lol:
Reply 105
Lol **** Dwight Howard. I will never put any respeck on his name. 12 years in the league and never bothered to develop your offensive game? rofl.

Also rookie year he shot 67% free throws. This year he shot 49%. WTF???
Original post by eden3
Lol **** Dwight Howard. I will never put any respeck on his name. 12 years in the league and never bothered to develop your offensive game? rofl.

Also rookie year he shot 67% free throws. This year he shot 49%. WTF???

Could have been a GOAT if he wasn't soft as hell, go back 4 years and his resume was so f***ING insane for his age in the modern era.

But you know when Hakeem trains you and you still can't develop a post game you're completely f***ed
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 107
Porzingis Melo Howard and Rose looks like a serious roster.
Reply 108
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Could have been a GOAT if he wasn't soft as hell, go back 4 years and his resume was so f***ING insane for his age in the modern era.

But you know when Hakeem trains you and you still can't develop a post game you're completely f***ed

IMO, he had/has no passion, no real drive, no determination to be the greatest he can be. Waste of potential.
Just got into basketball recently because my friend convinced me. I mostly enjoyed OKC games so I was supporting them against GSW but since they lost, I was rooting for Lebron and the Cavs in the finals. Honestly I feel like OKC could have won but a combination of chokes combined with unluckiness costed them. Durant choked game 6 whilst Klay went for a career high 41 points and whatnot. But I definitely want to see Durant, Westbrook, Kanter, Adems etc come back stronger and win it next year.

Also still trying to get to grips with the rules of the NBA :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Mugiiwara
Just got into basketball recently because my friend convinced me. I mostly enjoyed OKC games so I was supporting them against GSW but since they lost, I was rooting for Lebron and the Cavs in the finals. Honestly I feel like OKC could have won but a combination of chokes combined with unluckiness costed them. Durant choked game 6 whilst Klay went for a career high 41 points and whatnot. But I definitely want to see Durant, Westbrook, Kanter, Adems etc come back stronger and win it next year.

Also still trying to get to grips with the rules of the NBA :smile:

We'll help you along the way mate :smile: Soon you'll be a basketball fanatic in no time :wink:
Original post by eden3
We'll help you along the way mate :smile: Soon you'll be a basketball fanatic in no time :wink:

Aww thanks man appreciated <3 Its a fairly fun game to watch though so it'd be a good idea to get to grips with it. Even when something basic like a foul happens I'm not properly sure what sort of foul or even why :biggrin:
Reply 112
Original post by Mugiiwara
Aww thanks man appreciated <3 Its a fairly fun game to watch though so it'd be a good idea to get to grips with it. Even when something basic like a foul happens I'm not properly sure what sort of foul or even why :biggrin:

Yeah I always loved basketball when I was a teenager, played it all the time at the park but I only knew about fouls.

Main thing is just shot clock violation, 3 second rule(if an attacker or defender stays in paint for three seconds) and you get stuff like technical's and flagrants that are just usually bad fouls or just breaking the rules(e.g. coach stepping on the court when there's no timeout)
I've been out of the loop buy is the consensus not that Steph is a scrub? Who do I need to wrapper with?
Will probably follow twolves and my bucks mainly this year. It's the year of the Greek freak. I want more of all day AD too.
Original post by eden3

KD, Bosh, Whiteside and Wade...damn that would be a lethal combo. Hoping Bosh comes back healthy this year.

Heat could give the Cavs a good series in the ECF if Bosh is healthy regardless of any trades imo
Lol Knicks moves are nothing to be fussed about. Rose, Howard and Melo maybe back in 2011. How many balls we gonna play with ? :lol:

BAWSTON CELTICS! put me in OP
Reply 117
Original post by TajwarC
KD, Bosh, Whiteside and Wade...damn that would be a lethal combo. Hoping Bosh comes back healthy this year.

Heat could give the Cavs a good series in the ECF if Bosh is healthy regardless of any trades imo

I agree, I forgot about Bosh lol. Also throw in Joe Johnson you already got 4 prolific scorers.

fear the Boshiraptor

Original post by TheLittlestElf
Lol Knicks moves are nothing to be fussed about. Rose, Howard and Melo maybe back in 2011. How many balls we gonna play with ? :lol:

BAWSTON CELTICS! put me in OP

If Howard joins them they're 100% making the playoffs. People say Howard is a lockroom cancer but that's only when there are egos in the locker room. Lakers and Houston are full of them. Knicks might be a bit with Melo, don't know much about his personality but Rose is as MELLOW :ahee:, as you could possibly want.

Quick Reply

Latest