Do universities care about GCSE resits? Watch

slavery
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(1) If I don't get a B in GCSE maths (Edexcel) can I resit? Does it cost to resit edexcel maths?

(2) If I end up re-sitting and I get an A, would universities care that I had to resit maths? I hear most of them accept students that got the grades the first time round
King_Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by slavery)
(1) If I don't get a B in GCSE maths (Edexcel) can I resit? Does it cost to resit edexcel maths?

(2) If I end up re-sitting and I get an A, would universities care that I had to resit maths? I hear most of them accept students that got the grades the first time round
I don't think they really care if you re-sat the exam. As long as you have the required grade it should be alright.
username2713253
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

That's what I'm going to do even if I got a B, I'm going to re-take to get an A*
Bazbaz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

They won't give a damn, frankly if you're not doing a maths related subject then a C would suffice, and a B would be more fine, I've got friends who've been accepted into Durham and the like with Bs in Maths. Just make sure your A level predictions are good. No one will care if you resit either, Im in A2 year, I know a couple of people with offers from Oxford who have to resit AS exams, just for some context
Evilstr99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For Resits, it doesn't matter as long as you got the grade you wanted. Most Universities don't just look at AS/A2 grades primarily, but also some GCSE grades from English and Maths, your core subjects.
ikhan94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thy shouldnt really care, as long as you got the result your course
chhhhelsie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oxbridge cares, especially oxford. Others dont as long as you are not doing mathematical subjects at uni or if you got good maths a level grade.
slavery
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks everyone

I was thinking of going to either Greenwich or Plymouth University, but I want to go to plymouth so I can study game development
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?