The Student Room Group

Think I failed English language gcse, grade help?

I sat the English language gcse exam a few weeks ago, and the exam board is wjec. I truly feel like I failed that exam. I hardly knew what to write and what I did write was complete trash. I've never done so bad in an exam, the worst thing is that if I do fail, I'll have to resist English language gcse, which means I probably won't be allowed to do a levels. I'm a quite smart student, not too smart and not dumb id say I'm average. But I get nervous in exams and don't do as well as I could. If I got a D on the exam, and B in my coursework, what would that be overall? The exam is worth 60% and the coursework is 40%
Also if my coursework went down to a C, would I still get a C overall?
I can't stop thinking about it
(edited 7 years ago)
do you manage to answer all the questions ?
Reply 2
I am sure you have not got a D, don't worry your coursework should support you to get a C and if you did get a D it will probably be a high D so hopefully you will get a C overall and do not worry there is nothing you can do now, the worst that can happen is that you have to redo your English lang! Anyways good luck for results day and any future exams:smile:
Reply 3
English is a subject where you don't know if you have done well or not just because it is so subjective. Don't worry, you have probably done better than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest