Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exactly as I stated in the title - what is the best ib subject combination for medicine? Which subjects would be most apreciated by British universities? And also which would be useful later at the uni?
    Thanks a lot.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    As long as you take Biology and Chemistry at HL, you're fine. Taking maths or another science at HL might help, but lots of successful medical applicants study languages and/or a humanities subject alongside science.

Read this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

ReputationRep:
    I second that ^. IB Bio anD IB chem at HL Level are indispensable and very useful for going into medicine

ReputationRep:
    Check the university requirements.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    There's more or less no University that has requirements beyond Biology & Chemistry for HL. Otherwise just do the easiest subjects you can to maximise your overall score is my advice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.