The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Economics F583 2016

Best of luck, any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Wanna get a much quicker response and some amazing resources for Unit F583 or F584. Whatsapp me on 07459131684 so I can add you to the group chat.
Reply 2
Seen a few people saying potential essay questions could be with oligopolies.
Reply 3
nah you dont say
Original post by KingAweT
Seen a few people saying potential essay questions could be with oligopolies.

I really hope that it is! I find oligopoly the easiest market structure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1
Best of luck, any predictions?

I hope on of the essays is to do with demand/ supply for labour or the elasticities of demand and supply for labour. They are the easiest topics to talk about.

But I don't feel like it will be as it's come up so many times before, and we all know how OCR takes great pleasure if f****** with us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Anyone think Sports might come up
On the June 2011 paper the case study was on football, and there was a six mark question on whether football clubs aim to maximise profit.
They could ask an eight marker on how a specific sport is an oligopoly, monopoly etc.

Do you know a lot about sports as an industry? I've got notes on the others but nothing on sports as it's just a mess

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone got a list of keywords we have to learn?
Reply 9
can someone upload essays on sports, cinema, tv and travel? that way we can prepare for the worst!
Original post by Lostrider
On the June 2011 paper the case study was on football, and there was a six mark question on whether football clubs aim to maximise profit.
They could ask an eight marker on how a specific sport is an oligopoly, monopoly etc.

Do you know a lot about sports as an industry? I've got notes on the others but nothing on sports as it's just a mess

Posted from TSR Mobile

they might just ask how sport in general is an oligopoly for example, highly doubt theyll ask how the cricket or football or golf industry is one cos that requires a lot of knowledge in said areas, and frankly many dont know
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

jun 15:labour -> wages
jun 14:market structures -> cinema
jun 13:labour -> income inequality
jan 13:market structures -> holidays and leisure travel
jun 12:market structures -> TV
jan 12:labour -> the labour market
jun 11:market structures -> Sports
jan 11:labour -> labour force
jun 10:labour -> unit labour costs
jan 10:market structures -> holidays and leisure travel
Reply 12
Hmm I think it will be market structures on the Sports industry
Original post by SilverHorsey
they might just ask how sport in general is an oligopoly for example, highly doubt theyll ask how the cricket or football or golf industry is one cos that requires a lot of knowledge in said areas, and frankly many dont know

The case study would help with answering a question like that. As on the same paper there was an eight marker on how football can be considered monopolistically competitive

I just hope it isn't on spectator sports at all tbh, even though it's highly likely it will be

EDIT: are you talking about spectator sports for the essay questions? If so, then of course you are absolutely right

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pato1

This is so helpful in seeing a pattern!
I guess it's very likely then this year will be on an industry. I don't mind any of them apart from spectator sports, which is (me being dramatic here) the bane of my existence atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1

what are these?
The case study would help with answering a question like that. As on the same paper there was an eight marker on how football can be considered monopolistically competitive

I just hope it isn't on spectator sports at all tbh, even though it's highly likely it will be

EDIT: are you talking about spectator sports for the essay questions? If so, then of course you are absolutely right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah right yeah that makes sense, forgot all about the case study haha
yeah i was initially talking about the 15/20 markers, even though knowing ocr they can do what they please
Reply 17
Original post by SilverHorsey
what are these?

every topic for section A f583
Original post by Pato1
every topic for section A f583

when it says labour what do you mean?
Reply 19
Being a football fan, I wouldn't mind if it was on spectator sports:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest