Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got sent a hacking email, clicked on it? URGENT watch

I opened the email not realising it was a fake and went the web page. Did not fill in bank details. But wondered if somehow the hacker could now have access to my hotmail account or perhaps onto my iPhone because I Opened it up?
    Please reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I opened the email not realising it was a fake and went the web page. Did not fill in bank details. But wondered if somehow the hacker could now have access to my hotmail account or perhaps onto my iPhone because I Opened it up?
    Please reply:(
    Unless they're super duper smart then you should be fine! :D Besides, Apple has some of the best protection everr! :D

ReputationRep:
    Well your computer can now be used for ddos attacks... There may be some software where they can do something when you click on the link - that's what I've heard anyway, you're supposed to hover over the link and there is some way you can tell if it's a phish or not - so from that I'm assuming clicking the link can be harmful.

Honestly tho I'm not sure.

it's not like you need to rub magnets over your hardware and put microchips in microwaves tho - so you shouldn't be in that much of a problem
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    You should be fine. If it's posing as a company, be sure to report it to them and let them know so they can investigate and shut it down. You didn't enter any information, so I wouldn't worry too much. Check your email account every now and then and make sure nothing weird is going on, but I really think you'll be okay.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.