Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official ask a "vote leave" voter anything about the EU Watch

ReputationRep:
    I will be voting leave, you should be as well.

If you have any questions about leaving the sinking ship that is the EU, ask away and ill happily answer

Fire away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VirgoStrain)
    You do realise the EU isn't a sinking ship?
    Perhaps a skin 9 months ago might ve been wiser for you?

ReputationRep:
    After we leave, will I now have to register trademarks in both the UK and EU rather than the current sitation where there is just one form to fill in? In other words, is there more red tape?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but i have found a correction for your mataphor: we're leaving a brand-new and perfectly-functioning cruise ship in the middle of the north atlantic in a leaky wooden lifeboat during a storm.

In case you haven't read the news, we're at the mercy of the EU, and i promise you that freedom of movement will continue to exist long after we have left.
    What the traitorous media that was overwhelmingly remain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3LLI5)
    Daily Mail (most read paper in the UK) - leave

Sun (2nd most read paper in UK) - leave

Stop talking out your arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)

He must mean the Express, the Torygraph and the Times. Right old bunch of Europhiles they are.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think UK medical research will suffer from the European Medicines Agency leaving the UK?

ReputationRep:
    the express supported leave. and who cares what the telegraph and times think, when the OVERWHELMING amount of consumed media supported leave. don't kid yourself ,you weren't the underdogs.
    I'm going out on a limb here but maybe their readership cares what they think? And I was being sarcastic, all those papers supported leave(which I didn't vote for).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)

just because they're popular doesn't mean they constitute all news. If I had 3 papers, one of which held 50% of all readership, and the other two 50% combined, then the two smaller ones ran a story that the larger one didn't, what story is supported more by 'the news'?

considering the ability for people to consume news online, if a certain story is spammed everywhere it's going to be more prevalent than a single article on a popular newspaper

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, brexit will basically mean status quo but there's more red tape. There isn't a country on this planet that would agree to a trade deal with the UK without freedom of movement as a given. Leave voters are living in la la land
    No other country in the world requires free movement for trade...

ReputationRep:
    Why is it ''traitorous'' to vote/support remain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Why is it ''traitorous'' to vote/support remain?
    It's not traitorous to support remain, it's traitorous to run headlines which support ridiculous assertions made by random eu officials such that they are granted legitimacy and in doing so undermine the negotiating position of this country. Betraying the country in favour of virtue signalling and stubbornness.

ReputationRep:
    It's not traitorous to support remain, it's traitorous to run headlines which support ridiculous assertions made by random eu officials such that they are granted legitimacy and in doing so undermine the negotiating position of this country. Betraying the country in favour of virtue signalling and stubbornness.
    What if you think that the deal in which this country/government is trying to negotiate would be to the detriment of the people living here? I would be in favour of undermining that power if it would favour an alternative, and better, deal.

Neither individuals or headlines have a 'duty' to support the ambitions of the government.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.