Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FBI releases Orlando shooter's 911 calls but removes Islamic references Watch

ReputationRep:
    Omar Mateen's calls to 911 have been released by the FBI but all references to Islam were censored out to avoid offending Muslim people.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7091846.html

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...d-911-orlando/

What a politically correct world we live in. The FBI should tell the American people the truth about what he said- not censor the transcript to avoid references to Islam and to condition the American people into thinking that this attack had nothing to do with the attacker's religious views. People should be more outraged about this. We should know the truth and we have to be correct- not politically correct

ReputationRep:
    Islam has nothing to do with Islamic terror attacks!!

ReputationRep:
    No they have removed reference to what I assume was Isis and its leader. Islamic terms and phrases are left in just translated to English.

(Original post by Trapz99)
    A homophobic gunman's calls to 911 have been released by the FBI.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7091846.html

What a correct world we live in. The FBI tell the American people the truth about what he said - not censor the transcript to avoid references. People know the truth and we are correct
    Nothing to see here, loyal citizens. Just another homophobic attack. Move along, now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    FTFY
    Yeah keep believing that Islam is an entirely peaceful religion with nothing to do with terrorism even though it is completely false.

(Original post by Trapz99)
    Yeah keep believing that Islam is an entirely peaceful religion with nothing to do with terrorism even though it is completely false.
    You missed the joke

I was censoring your OP to remove references of Islam

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... Seems shady to me

ReputationRep:
    I would love to actually hear the convo.. these 911 calls are always recorded. If they want to redact the sensitive parts, so be it.. a transcript is pretty useless. Also why would he speak in Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    Lean mean Jihadi Mateen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Islam has nothing to do with Islamic terror attacks!!
    Are you trolling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    Hmmm... Seems shady to me
    Oh hey girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iknowbest)
    I would love to actually hear the convo.. these 911 calls are always recorded. If they want to redact the sensitive parts, so be it.. a transcript is pretty useless. Also why would he speak in Arabic?
    Honestly, I don't even believe this. Firstly he wouldn't speak in Arabic (common sense) and also why would they 'sensor' bits out? I would only trust it if I actually heard the recording not a possible mistranslated transcript which its validity could be questioned.

ReputationRep:
    wtf

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.