The Student Room Group

PSychology prospects

Hi there, just wondering what types of jobs people have recently got into the last few years please.
Reply 1
Also I mean jobs outside chartered psychology jobs such as clinical etc.
Had a uni friend who graduated in Psychology and now works as a carer for challenging kids with behavioral issues. I think there's a wide scope of careers that people go into with Psychology (and most degrees) - some good, some not so much.
Reply 3
Currently working as a Mental Health Advocate as relevant experience to gain a place on a doctorate programme. The salary is decent and there is good scope for seniority progression if I wasn't looking to progress further than a BSc.
research assistant (which is a univeristy position usually for people without phds to help run research), although i'd guess most classmates are doing things unrelated to psychology (e.g. civil service, NHS, entertainment).
Mental health recovery worker for Rethink
Graduated last year and I'm now a statistician - there are several other people from my course at my work as well. Several of my friends are research assistants in universities. One is working as a teaching assistant with autistic kids and soon training to become a maths teacher.
Got offered a job as a research assistant.

Quick Reply

Latest