Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys, I am applying in September for a deferred entry to the following universities:-

1. University College London to study Politics (BA)

2. University of York to study Law (LLB)

3. University of Warwick to study Law (LLB)

4. Cardiff University to study Law (LLB)

5. University of Birmingham to study Politics (BA)

Obviously, they are all Russell Group universities and they are fairly high up in the league tables (some more than others) but I think that league tables never truly represent the universities in terms of student satisfaction, but more so in terms of graduate employment rates and teacher to student ratio. I was wondering whether any of you guys had actually studied at the above or know of people who have studied there so you can provide me with some additional information. I've tried to do my research as best as I can, I've attended various open days, order prospectus', etc. but I am indeed open to further information which will enable me to rethink or reinforce the choices I have made.

Much appreciated! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tantalised)
    Hi guys, I am applying in September for a deferred entry to the following universities:-

1. University College London to study Politics (BA)

2. University of York to study Law (LLB)

3. University of Warwick to study Law (LLB)

4. Cardiff University to study Law (LLB)

5. University of Birmingham to study Politics (BA)

Obviously, they are all Russell Group universities and they are fairly high up in the league tables (some more than others) but I think that league tables never truly represent the universities in terms of student satisfaction, but more so in terms of graduate employment rates and teacher to student ratio. I was wondering whether any of you guys had actually studied at the above or know of people who have studied there so you can provide me with some additional information. I've tried to do my research as best as I can, I've attended various open days, order prospectus', etc. but I am indeed open to further information which will enable me to rethink or reinforce the choices I have made.

Much appreciated! :-)
    Very good choices, I would go Warwick (I have a friend who studies Law there and it is excellent and very well regarded by top law firms), Birmingham then York. The reason I leave UCL out is that London unis are not always a great social experience due to the price of London for students and the lack of a proper campus. UCL is an excellent university though dont get me wrong. Cardiff is the weakest out of the choices in my opinion. If I had to pick 2 it would be Warwick and Birmingham, York's Law school is still quite new and despite picking up a good reputation over that time its probably better to get an LLB from somewhere with a long track record for it. Warwick is just outside the top 10 for Law but as I said, from my friend and research I know it to be brilliant for Law, so if you can get the grades that would be the best place for your LLB based on your choices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.