The Student Room Group

Could I get into UCLA or USC?

Hi,
I've just finished Year 11 and I have 5 A*s in English Lit, Lang, Welsh, French and Core Science. I'm predicted 5.5 more A*s (although I doubt I will get all A*s, maybe one or two As). I don't know whether this makes much difference but I'm doing A Levels in English Lit & Lang, French, Govt & Politics and History. I would like to study Law at Uni.

I'm more worried about the extracurricular side because I'm not a sporty person, never really competed at more than county level. I am currently at Grade 6 piano and after that going onto Grade 8. If I have any sort of chance of getting into UCLA or USC should I try to improve my extracurricular prospects? What sort of extracurriculars would improve my application?

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by whamabr
Hi,
I've just finished Year 11 and I have 5 A*s in English Lit, Lang, Welsh, French and Core Science. I'm predicted 5.5 more A*s (although I doubt I will get all A*s, maybe one or two As). I don't know whether this makes much difference but I'm doing A Levels in English Lit & Lang, French, Govt & Politics and History. I would like to study Law at Uni.

I'm more worried about the extracurricular side because I'm not a sporty person, never really competed at more than county level. I am currently at Grade 6 piano and after that going onto Grade 8. If I have any sort of chance of getting into UCLA or USC should I try to improve my extracurricular prospects? What sort of extracurriculars would improve my application?

Thanks!

Law in North America is a postgraduate degree, not an undergraduate. If you want law ASAP, stick with the UK or go to Aus.

Not all college students are former athletes. A lot are regular people, who have spent time volunteering or participating in clubs. It's the amount of time dedicated to outside activities that counts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending